facebook

tri-delt

by:    

Told myself I wouldn't ask for advice on here because I don't know if I can actually trust what I'm told, but what the heck. After doing a lot of research (elsewhere, not on Greek Rank), I've concluded DDD is upper/middle tier at Bama. However looking at the list of all pledges from 2013, the girls seem to only be from AL, GA, TX, or LA - none from anywhere near the north. I really like TriDelt based on the philanthropy alone, not based on the girls in it (because I've never met them) or rank it holds on campus. I also like that they have a high GPA average. However, I'm from Jersey and though I'm no where near "Jersey Shore" material, I'm curious as to if TriDelt would even take a second look at me because I'm not from the South. I have a great GPA, extra curricular activities, and am not bad to look at (in a non-conceited way). DDD isn't the only sorority I'm considering, obviously, but it is my top choice because of the philanthropy... In your opinion should I not get my hopes up on getting a bid, or could I have a chance?

Posted By: Jersey
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

good that you've done some homework! Some girls don't even educate themselves on houses' philanthropy until the philanthropy days in rush. As always, it is advised to go in to rush with an open mind. I'm not saying that they would positively accept you or reject you. Be sure to come to Panhellenic Preview Weekend and meet some of the houses and be sure to get all of your recommendations in on time. Everyone has a shot at getting in to a house; have a great rush and good luck!

By: It's
#2by:    

you need to meet them. If you want old row and your out of state, you need to be known now. We already have our rush list, and honestly if we dont know who you are or you have no connections you wont be rushed.

By: well
by: Jersey    

How exactly would I go about meeting them? I can't attend Preview Weekend because I have prior engagements. I am speaking with a highly ranked TriDelt Representative who is writing one of my rec letters for me. However being from NJ I don't know anyone who is from Alabama. Is there any other way to make myself known? I also don't want to come off as creepy or a "wannabe" but I want to put forth my best effort without coming across as too eager. I'm not even positive that TriDelt is where I want to be, but if I don't start now I know I will never stand a chance if I fall in love with it and have done nothing to make them want me.

By: Jersey
#3by:    

3.5 or above....2 or 3 recommendations per sorority is fine. But be sure to get the recommendations - you MUST have them to be invited to join.
Listen, you may be in love with DDD now, but when you meet them face-to-face...not so much. Or even more!
It's normal to change your mind a number of times as you go through recruitment, fall in and out of love with groups. Feel free to study up on DDD, but you never know - stay open! I will say...spout off too many DDD facts to them, and you'll turn into that creepy PNM who's TOO eager...

By: Lalala
#4by:    

Experience rush with an open mind. You end up in the house you belong with. However, to answer your question honestly, rushing DDD as a norther probably will present a challenge. Tri Delta is an old row and first circle sorority here at UA and tradition runs deep in both it's collegiate chapter and alumnea chapter. I promise you being from NJ will definitely grab the attention of almost ever active and alum, and not in a good way. But the positive is you do have something unique to set yourself apart from the rest. They will remember you. So, since you'll be able to get their attention, capitalize on this and use it to your advantage in order to share with them what you're all about. Good luck! I'm sure you will have a positive rush experience and will end up in a wonderful house!

By: Honestly
#5by:    

tri delt, phi mu and alpha gam already have several jersey girls

By: yes!
by: Well...   

DDD has no girls from new jersey. There are like 2 or 3 girls from up north and they have strong ties to the south. However, everyone should rush and be themselves. This will ensure you end up where you belong. Your personality is the best indicator if you fit in somewhere, not necessarily where you're from.

By: Well...
#6by:    

all sororities have girls from up north: jersey, ny, ct.... it really doesnt matter what region your from. its all about who you know.

By: all sororities
#7by:    

Thank you guys so much for all of your helpful advice. I will definitely take note of it. I already have 3 letters of rec in play but I will try to look for more! :) Hope to meet some of you in the Fall!

By: Jersey

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.