facebook

just wondering

by:    

When there was all the controversy about integrating your panhellenic sororities, there were some who predicted that things would go smoothly and others who predicted chaos. From what I hear, everything is exactly the same as before except that some of the girls are more brown than others. As I understand it the fraternities have treated them respectfully and none of the alums have refused to continue funding. Congratulations!

Posted By: question
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

I think everything is going well.

By: yes
#2by:    

Expect another very interesting rush this fall. Trust me.

By: MA
by: Simi   

Looking forward to it!

By: Simi
#3by:    

you

By: phuck
#4by:    

Mallet hype.We couldn't care less.

By: mallet
#5by:    

I've heard the next rush should be very interesting. Could be the end of greek life at Bama.

By: Yeah...
by: It   

wouldn't surprise me. Even though the sororities were forced to integrate, the fraternities won't integrate as fast. Not only that, there is still heavy discrimination still in Greek life. As good as I think suspension of it would be good, it will never happen. Bonner would never do that unless something bigger than racism happened.

By: It
by: ?   

What does this even mean

By: ?
by: Nah   

You wish! Greek life will be even more in-demand.

By: Nah
by: doubt it   

greek life is a huge draw in recruiting to bama. look at those huge houses that are being built. lots of the administration is greek. just because you aren't a part of it doesn't mean its leaving. and really, unhappy mallet, go live your own life and quit being obsessed about what the greeks are doing.

By: doubt it
by: I'm   

actually not in mallet, I'm Greek. Try again

By: I'm
by: Well   

Well your sorority or fraternity should be ashamed of you. Why pay thousands of dollars to be part of an organization that you obviously aren't dedicated to? I hope to God that you aren't a member of my sorority.

By: Well
by: ^^   

If you are so disgusted by the Greek community then go inactive. We are a community--which means that we should be supporting each other in our efforts to right the wrongs that have been done and make recruitment a fair process for everyone, not calling for an end to Greek life at UA. Isn't that a step in the right direction? I do understand that this is still a problem, but you're crazy if you think things can be fixed after one semester. My sorority was one of the ones that took advantage of COB and was able to take some awesome girls (all of which are of many different minorities and some of which are white) that are now great, contributing members to our chapter. If you don't think that's something then something is wrong with you. Things are only going to start getting better from here on out. If you are so against the idea of this, please just stop being Greek. And I honestly don't know a single sorority that did not participate in COB in the fall or spring, and most of those (there's only one I can think of off the top of my head) took at least one African American girl. And it's not a forced recruitment the way the senate bill was proposed (which is why I think that it was turned down). They took these girls because they wanted them. That's what it should be. Have you ever thought that maybe it is your sorority that has the problem? That it's only your sorority that is so against the integration? Because mine and most of my friends' have no problem with it

By: ^^
#6by:    

has a point, maybe it would be good if a really harsh punishment happened, but I highly doubt that'll happen. And while I think they're right about fraternities not integrating as fast, the only houses that I think won't integrate are the Old Row houses. And also by the previous comment, that's the problem. Not all of the houses are supportive. I can think of one fraternity that's integrated and it is universally panned and ridiculed by the entire system. Like you, I want the wrongs made right as well. The only way that will happen is if the entire Greek system and SGA actually take a stance against discrimination

By: @It
#7by:    

It will be an interesting rush this fall...some are scared.

By: Guest

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#8by:    

Way back when white males could attend UA, the men and faculty were scared women began to enroll. Way back when only white men and women were allowed to be students, they were scared when black students were allowed to enroll.
It took time, but it turned out OK. And it will this time, too.

By: Way back
#9by:    

Things will definitely change again this fall. Last year was just the beginning.

By: Guest

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.