by:    

which is more desired and typically throws better parties

Posted By: bama
Page 2 of 2
#11by:    

if you even have to ask

By: U R clueless
by: Actually   

this doesn't make sense, since it isn't that clear. Both are strong historically and currently. Phi Gam is old row and has a longer history, but Pi Kapp is one of the oldest new row, also has strong history/alumni, and are better at the moment.

By: Actually
#12by:    

Fiji has a better rep nationally. Pi Kapp is a joke in the south. But yeah tell me overwise

By: I'm neither but
by: Pi Kapp   

is pretty strong in the South, so actually you're kind of an idiot.

By: Pi Kapp
by: Pi Kapp is    

Strong at plenty of schools throughout Georgia, South Carolina, Alabama, Louisiana, North Carolina, Florida, Mississippi and Virginia. Take a little initiative to know what you're talking about. Fiji is great in the South, has a handful of good chapters in the Midwest, is weak in the Western US and damn near non-existent in the Northeast.

By: Pi Kapp is
by: Where?   

UGA: middle
South Carolina: middle
Alabama: upper
LSU: middle
UNC: middle
Florida: middle
Ole Miss: lower
UVA: middle

By: Where?
by: drew   

Alabama:Upper? Huh? Get real.

By: drew
by: ^^   

Not quite on a few
Miss State- Middle
LSU- Upper Middle
South Carolina- Upper
Auburn-Middle
Duke- Upper Middle
Florida State- Upper Middle
TCU-Middle
Top or upper at quite a few smaller state schools throughout basically every Southern State, SEC and ACC aren't the only schools in the South. They aren't SAE, SX or KA level in the South, but saying a fraternity that is middle or higher at most big Greek schools throughout the region a joke isn't accurate. Phi Delt, Sigma Nu and Phi Gam are somewhat stronger in the South too, but all three are declining lately.
Phi Gam in the South
LSU-lower middle
Alabama-Upper
Georgia-Upper
UNC-Upper
Texas-Top
South Carolina-no chapter
Florida-no chapter
Ole Miss-No Chapter
Miss State-Middle
Auburn-Top
Florida State-no chapter
TCU-Lower
SMU-Top\n\n\n\n\n

By: ^^
#13by:    

Never said Pi Kapp is a joke in the south, but to say they're good is a large overstatement of the fact (i.e. see my original list)

Also not a fiji, so I don't care where they are good or bad. However, most of old row has a good reputation in the south (exceptions of DKE being non-existent and replacing it with Sigma Chi).

by: Disagree   

To say they're good is accurate and not overstating when most of the Southern chapters are at least good, to say they're great in the South would probably be overstating though. They're below 5/6 of old row+SX in the South, but I'd still have them above most of the other 70 or so IFC chapters and fairly comparable to other strongish Southern chapters like KE, Pike or ATO in the region. Not the best by any stretch, but a long shot from a joke.

By: Disagree
by: Where?   

Fair, lets not get into a word choice argument good vs. great

Pi Kapp has a national brand so yeah they're not aweful. What I meant originally when I said joke was comparing it to the "majors."

#14by:    

Phi Gam in a complete mismatch.

By: The guilty pecker

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.