facebook

transfer

by: GoBama

Hi! I am hoping to transfer to the University of Alabama next fall. Because of the way that my credits will be transferred, I will be classified as a sophomore and will have 3 years left at the university. However, for sorority rush I will be classified as a junior because of my high school graduation year. I will be a transfer from out of state and classified as a junior during rush. I don't know anyone at Alabama, so I have zero connections. I am a legacy to 3 houses, but I have heard that does not help in the SEC. Is that true? I have a great gpa and I am really involved at my current college. I would love to rush, but I'd like to know if I even have a chance? I know there are no guarantees, but are there certain houses that will not take girls in my situation? Are there any that will? Any opinions and advice are very appreciated!!

Posted By: GoBama
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Well   

If you will have 3 years left of school, make sure your recommendation writers understand that and put that in their recommendations.
YES, if your grades are good then you have an excellent chance of pledging a sorority. But if you are going to be all snooty and decide you will only accept A, D, H, X or Z sororities, then your odds will dramatically decrease.
Legacy status still means something, but it is not an automatic "in"...in fact, there are so many women signed up for rush that your legacy chapters don't even have to give you the courtesy of one return invitation.

Keep your grades up. Keep your nose clean (word travels FAST). Get recommendations - in fact, 2 per house would be preferred. Be friendly, neat, cleanly groomed, and well-put together. You DO have a chance.

By: Well
#2  by: Honestly...   

No. The fact that you will be a junior is bad enough, but you also have no connections and you are from out of state. Rush here is so competitive, many sororities already know which girls they are going to choose.. and it is girls that they know and went to high school with. Not always fair, but thats how it is. I just want you to know that your chances are slim to none at best.

By: Honestly...
#3  by: Easy Solution   

Write on your form you're a sophomore. Very few houses actually have the time to bother with what year you graduated. They look at what year YOU say you are. Seriously, write on your form for recruitment you will be a sophomore. You will be after all, so it isn't lying just because you graduated a year early

By: Easy Solution

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.