facebook

greek at bama or not?

by:    

IS there a huge difference between being greek and not being greek at bama? like will you suffer socially or be seen as weird if your not in a sorority? Can someone still have a great social life outside of the greek system or do the greeks run the school?

Posted By: conflicted
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

On you as a person. If you can be incredibly social and outgoing, then yes. I was kind of shy and stuck with my high school crowd my freshman year. I rushed my sophomore year and was able to meet so many wonderful new friends. I always have someone to make plans with now even though I'm a very shy person

By: Depends
by: Probably also   

Depends on whether you came here knowing people or not. If you didn't, you can make friends, but you'll need to work at it -- you won't have that ready-made social calendar or hangout group that being Greek will give you. You get out of your social life what you put into it. Getting involved in extracurricular activities is a great way to do that.

Also, don't worry about being seen as weird. Remember that although Greek life is amazing at Bama, less than half the school is Greek and independents aren't just the misfits from Mallet.

By: Probably also
by: Oh   

Excellent answer!

By: Oh
#2by:    

Bump that last answer!

By: Bump

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.