facebook

northern girl rushing

by: incoming freshman

I'm from northern Virginia and am nervous rushing since I'm not from the south. What's everyone's opinion? I want to go where I will fit in and I don't have certain sororities I want, but are there certain one's who take more northern girls? Also does being a legacy mean anything at Bama?

Posted By: incoming freshman
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Sometimes   

Being a legacy can hurt you. There are enough legacies to come through to fill an entire pledge class. Bc of that, houses will only take a percentage of legacies, so they're cut the hardest

By: Sometimes
by: SometimesNov 10, 2013 6:45:37 PM

Sorry, unless you're a legacy to house that is new to Alabama and doesn't have many alums around aka Alpha Phi, DG, etc. Then being a legacy is incredibly helpful

By: Sometimes
by: Kind ofNov 10, 2013 6:51:54 PM

If you are from the deep south and are a legacy to a house it can hurt you because OTHER houses may cut you thinking you will go to your legacy. Especially if your legacy house also cuts you, then some girl end up where they weren't expecting. BUT if you are from far away and your legacy doesn't have ties to Bama, other chapters probably won't cut you just because of it. Also just because DG is new doesn't mean they don't have alums around since they were on campus previously and have tons of support from MS alums now living in Ala (this is true of every sorority).

By: Kind of
by: WellNov 11, 2013 4:59:13 PM

MS Alums coming to live in Bama is kind of a stretch. There wouldn't be that many who did that. That being said, DG and other sororities who haven't been around as long in Alabama will values legacies. All houses value them, the difference between DG/Alpha Phi is that they have fewer legacies, so they have the ability to take more than say DDD or Alpha Gam who have been around a very long time.

By: Well
by: @WellNov 11, 2013 9:37:33 PM

The point I was trying to make is just because DG and Alpha Phi are newer doesn't necessarily mean they have fewer legacies. Both of these sororities are extremely large nationally, and since over half of girls coming through rush now are out of state, just because a sorority isn't top tier or been around forever at Bama DOESN'T necessarily mean they have less legacies. Although they probably do want to keep their legacies more to ensure bids than other houses that have the luxury of being more selective.

By: @Well

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.