facebook

old row sororities

by: hi

same question as the other one but for sororities! if you could replace a current old row house with a new row who would it be?

Posted By: hi
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Ok   

No one is brave enough to say it...but from what I have seen this year...My second place choice would be to probably replace DDD or KD with Zeta maybe....but definitely my first place choice would be to put AOPi up there. From what I hear AOPi is already almost Old Row. They have been invited and it is up to them to accept or decline. Outstanding sororities both of them.

By: Ok
#2  by: lol   

hi aopi ^

By: lol
by: WrongNov 9, 2013 9:25:06 PM

I am an AGD...Love them. But must admit that my Bestie is an AOPi

By: Wrong
#3  by: no   

aopi and zeta would be first to move up to old row and alpha gam and kappa would be first to move down

By: no
#4  by: ummm   

Why can't we just add more houses to Old Row? I don't see why any house would have to leave. the designation relates to sponsorship and i;m sure the sponsoring company would love to have more exposure across greek life,not less. It's all corporate marketing people.

By: ummm
#5  by: AOPi   

Was chartered in 1967. I know there are much older houses (ADPi, DZ, ZTA) that aren't Old Row, and I know AOPi is an awesome house with great girls, but does it not matter that they've been on campus less than 50 years?

By: AOPi
by: nopeNov 10, 2013 10:37:13 AM

it does not matter because old row is not a designation of how long a house has been on campus

By: nope
by: Seriously.Nov 10, 2013 3:53:41 PM

How many times do we have to say that??? ^^^

By: Seriously.
#6  by: OMG   

Old Row has NOTHING to do with how long a sorority has been on campus.

By: OMG
#7  by: ummm   

^^ OR GR rankings. OR intelligence. OR popularity. OR niceness. OR wealth.OR looks.

It's corporate marketing people. The illusion of exclusivity exists because some houses aren't part of it. Many aren't because NATIONAL HQ's forbid the acceptance of any sponsorship from liquor companies - so to the uninformed, it looks like these chapters are excluded by Old Row, when in fact HQ's exclude Old Row.

By: ummm
by: wellNov 11, 2013 12:03:43 PM

seeing as how GR rankings consistently put old row houses before new row houses I do think that the fact that there is an exclusive group makes a difference. \n\n\n\n\nWhat I don't understand is how any National HQ can allow their sorority to be sponsored by a liquor company. It just seems as if it goes against the whole premise of being classy and all.

By: well
#8  by: True   

ZTA probably won't take the bid to be old row because I know for a fact that their sorority will not be allowed to be sponsored by a liquor company. AOPi might become a member of old row but not sure. I think that if I were them, I would jump at the chance. It would be nice to have another sorority on the old row list and they make the most sense.

By: True
by: YeahNov 11, 2013 2:01:08 PM

I've always heard that ZTA national is the only thing that's held them back from Old Row.

By: Yeah
by: wellNov 11, 2013 7:12:37 PM

I highly doubt any self respecting sorority would allow their chapters to be sponsored by a liquor company.

By: well

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.