facebook

gpa

by:    

Is 3.49 a good GPA? I am a second semester freshman that wants to rush next fall and that was my GPA for midterm grades. Last semester I got a 3.38 but my goal is to be in the dean's list. Are those decent grades? Is that enough to get into a decent house or avoid major cuts? Thank you!! :)

Posted By: Y'all
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Dean's list would be better. Way better.

By: Yes
#2by:    

Listen, rushing as an upperclassmen is tough. Most of the girls who were in my house's pledge class have at least a 3.6/3.7. Most have 4.0s. Try and get your gpa up even if it means taking some June summer classes. It will definitely help you out. A 3.49 is nothing special and is below several houses' gpa average

By: ..
by: Because   

I will definitely try to improve my GPA but how come a 3.49 is pretty average when in the 2013 grade report Chi-O's GPA average was 3.48? The only house with a higher GPA than mine is AXO while the average for sororities was 3.3... I wouldn't think a 3.49 is nothing special... isn't it? Thanks so much anyway! I do consider that rushing as an upperclassmen is not easy :)

By: Because
by: My bad   

I forgot some aren't as high as they were a year ago. To be frank, they want UC who are well above average. Their idea is, well, if we're gonna take an UC, why would we want the girl who only got a 3.49? If the average for say Chi O is 3.48, that means that at least half the chapter has a better gpa than you. Maybe even more. They have only a few girls in the 0.0-3.48 bc the other girls have to pull the average gpa up with their better gpas. There are also a lot of houses who will have cut off gpas for UC.

By: My bad
by: My bad   

The numbers are all speculation, but you get my point

By: My bad
#3by:    

don't you try informal in the spring?

By: why

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: Because   

I really want to bond with my pledge class from the beginning. I have friends that did COB and they say the thing they don't like is trying to break through the established groups in their sororities. Also I think formal rush is more fun!

By: Because
by: ok   

I realize you have your reasons but rushing as an upperclassmen is hard. If you really want to be in a sorority, I suggest you look into COB despite what you have stated--breaking through established groups isn't actually that hard if you put yourself out there. I'm just suggesting because your GPA would not impress in my house.

By: ok
#4by:    

correct me if I'm wrong, but don't sororities look at overall GPA? your 3.49 is just for this semester

By: common sense
#5by:    

I guess you guys are right! Honestly I plan on getting higher than a 3.5 at the end of this semester and a 3.7 at the end of the spring semester. That is another reason I would like to wait. If my GPA is not impressive as an UC at this point, then it can be at the end of spring semester and therefore give me more time to prepare for formal recruitment (get more recs and meet more girls already in sororities). If I rush in the spring I will feel like I'm not as qualified as I could be... Besides all houses have an upperclassmen quota right? I will definitely think about it though! I wanted to attend Preview day to get an idea of every house first and (correct me if i'm wrong) but according to what I've heard, only a few houses participate in spring rush, so I won't get to know them all... Thanks for the help!

By: Y'all

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.