facebook

emailing rush chairman

by:    

If im currently a senior in high school, is it appropriate to email the rush chairman of different fraternities? Is this an important step to receiving an invitation or even a bid? Lastly, will it seem desperate and hurt my chances of receiving a bid?

Posted By: Tide
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Not desperate, it's vital to you having a good rush. They'll like to see you taking initiative and they'll be glad you are interested in them.

Also, maybe try texting the rush chairs as well/in place of emailing.

By: No
#2by:    

I would text them I hope to meet some when I go to the bama lsu game but considering I'm OOS it's hard right now to text then. Any advice on what to ask or say in an email?

By: Tide

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#3by:    

Put as much time into it relative to how much you want to join the organization. Do not write more than a page. Do not try to be cool. Explain any legacies. Remember that you can't add anything personally to the group to make them better/good, so don't write about how you can help us with intramurals, etc.

All this should help

By: I'm feeling nice
by: Tide   

That's very helpful thank you , but besides explaining legacy, what else should I say in the first email?

By: Tide
#4by:    

wondering about this. I'm a legacy through my dad at one fraternity, but would it be weird to email other houses I might be interested in?

By: I am also
#5by:    

bump

By: bump
#6by:    

Short Answer: No you should maximize your options, legacy status does not guarentee a bid, but make sure the ones you're rushing your serious about, because most guys end up pledge their dad's fraternity by the end of the day anyway.

By: To Comment #4
by: Crimson   

So what should I email them

By: Crimson
by: ok but   

would it be a bad idea to attend rush events held by other fraternities I might possibly be interested in?

By: ok but
by: of course   

I did

By: of course
#7by:    

email every rush chair and tell him that you are obsessed with his fraternity and are dying to rush it and get a bid from it. GO

By: DO IT
#8by:    

b8ump, will this make me seem desperare?

By: OP
by: honestly   

yes, the ppl on this site are messing with you

By: honestly
by: honestly   

though if you couldn't tell that for yourself, idk if you have the social skills to make it in bama greek life, sorry but it's true

By: honestly

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.