facebook

stop w the ranking

by: Generations

This ranking stuff is garbage. I sat down this morning with family members who pledged at Bama in the 60s, 70s, 90s, 2002 and I am current. Oddly, none of us pledged the same sorority. After a lot of discussion we agreed that things do not really change. What was Rush is now recruitment and other than a big increase in numbers a lot remains the same, including how houses handle recruitment.
The eldest ones in the group remember there being 3 bad houses and all eventually lost charters, and one is back and actually doing well.
We all agreed that ranking doesn't matter, it is where you fit in. We found throughout the years, even going back to the 50s with past discussions with a now deceased family member, that AXO, Phi Mu, and Chi O have pretty much gone back and forth over what is considered tops (mainly talking about looks and campus activities/honors) with AXO generally staying toward the top, although even they all had different types of girls. Then you have the blue bloods KD, Kappa, DDD (in the 60s/70s Pi Phi was part of this, but that has changed) and then the rest had ups and downs, but all, except those who lost charters, all had good and bad points, some years better than others
This self serving ranking serves no purpose and makes us all look bad. PNMs should look for the house where they feel most at home, as this is a sisterhood. My mom and grandma still have close ties w some of their sisters.
Go where you are happy....simple.

Posted By: Generations
Post Reply Report
Page 2 of 2
#11  by: uh   

Ok, but don't you see you're doing the same thing? By classifying only a select few (or to you, the best), you're down ranking all the other houses not included. By leaving them out, you imply that they weren't part of exclusive groups or even important enough to mention at all

By: uh
by: 100%Nov 10, 2013 10:42:36 AM

agree

By: 100%

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.