facebook

rushing

by:    

If you're from out of state but southern and don't know a single girl at alabama what are your chances of doing good in rush?

Posted By: Pnm fall 14
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

I'm from out of state, had zero recs, and pledged an Old Row sorority. I didn't know a single girl in any house. But I've also heard numerous times that it doesn't happen often

By: OOS
by: Truth   

No, it hardly ever happens. That is exceptional. I doubt you had no recs, though. Probably several alumnae submitted them, even though you were unaware of it. Plus you must have been outstanding enough in grades, activities etc. that the chapter actively sought them out for you.
It's always better for the PNM to seek out and request recommendations. This can help you tell more of your story your way.
It's no guarantee you get a bid, but it certainly can help you not get cut so quickly.

By: Truth
by: OOS   

^ Yes, I was told after receiving a bid that they found someone to write one for me so that I was eligible to receive a bid. I probably should have specified: I did not personally submit any recommendation letters to any house on campus. Though I do recommend finding them yourself. I was just from a very small town out west where there was zero Greek life, and I did not know a single person who was Greek. If you have decent grades, are yourself, and maximize your options, you are almost guaranteed a bid. :)

By: OOS
#2by:    

Its pretty easy to get into Alabama sororities. Because there are so many of them, unless you are a grade risk, you should have no problem. Being from out of state will not hurt you and even help you in various houses!

By: well
#3by:    

You should learn "good" grammar.

By: Maybe

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#4by:    

Seriously, I was an IB student with a 4.5 weighted, tons of recs, tons I activities, everything, from a state somewhere between the north and south, and I got dropped by almost every old row the first round. I ended up in a house I love but I went into rush thinking everyone would want me for my grades and activities and I was so wrong. Honestly though, I wouldn't want to be in a house that wouldn't consider me for whatever reason it was that they dropped me anyway. The house I'm in now is awesome. Bottom line: yes you have a chance but remember that there are girls with the same grades as you that know people in the houses!

By: No

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.