facebook

hometowns and rush?

by:    

Hi! I'm going to be rushing in 2014! My question is that I heard where you're from can have an impact on how well you do during rush, is that true? I have a 4.5 gpa, cheered, and did all kinds of leadership and philanthropy in high school. I think I would be able to get recommendations for every house too. My only "flaw" is that I'm from an area in the north that isn't exactly the best neighborhood. Like I'm not surrounded by rich people at school and its very diverse. Looking at the bid lists, it looks like most of the girls from my state who got bids are from wealthier areas and that makes me nervous because I have alot to offer. Thank you for taking the time.. I'm really just curious.

Posted By: PNM2014
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

isn't it past your bedtime?

By: ?
by: mary jean   

amen.

get a life.

By: mary jean
#2by:    

Recs are about your character, not where you live.

By: Hon
by: It's hard to know   

Word

By: It's hard to know
#3by:    

But you shouldn't worry, if you check the stats you will see that 90% of the girls get bids. You have involvement, grades and recs: three of the most important things. Don't believe everything you read here, rush is competetive but not close to be impossible! Be confident and true to yourself at all times, you will make it.

By: It's hard to know
#4by:    

Be open to every house. Don't just pre-select a house and drop out if you don't get it..

By: open
#5by:    

.....and why do you want to go to Alabama if all you said about yourself it true? I call troll.

By: Nick

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.