facebook

should i

by:    

go for COB or wait until formal recruitment next year? I will be a sophomore in January and my GPA is 3.4

Posted By: Confused
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

either one, but I feel like I would wait...

By: D
#2by:    

Go for COB...visit a few houses (if you're invited). You don't have to pledge anywhere.

By: Why not?
#3by:    

I've heard that going through formal recruitment allows you to get to know the houses better and let the houses know you too, but I've also heard that COB is a great opportunity for upperclassmen to get bids? Is this true?

By: Good question

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#4by:    

Wait until next year. Any girl that participates in this COb will be an outcast because everyone knows they were previously dropped from recruitment. Also, you have missed retreat, big/ little reveals etc.

By: Wait
by: Confused   

Good point! I thought about that before, I just wasn't sure if my upperclassman status was going to be a problem next year though, I will start my 4th semester next fall

By: Confused
#5by:    

Most houses have upperclassmen quotas from 5-15

By: No
#6by:    

Bump

By: Bump
#7by:    

Not sure as this COB will change everything.

By: Guest
#8by:    

If I'm reading it right, you'll be a first semester sophomore in January and a second semester soph in the fall? Either way, you'd be classified as a sophomore when you go through, so I'd probably wait until fall. This isn't the usual COB, so I'd be more likely to wait until all this is settled and everyone is making a fresh start in a new school year and formal rush. That's just me, though. Use this year to get to know sorority members and get involved in some other things on campus. Both are a plus for upperclassmen. Of course, keep the GPA up, too.

By: So
by: not me   

absolutely disagree. See the houses now. You don't have to take anything you don't want.

By: not me
by: Confused   

Agree, definitely sounds like a better idea, I also want to get to know my pledge class from the very beginning. Thank you! :)

By: Confused

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.