facebook

thought

by:    

I agree that there need to be changes, but I think raising the quaota is completely unfair to those of us that went through formal recruitment. Those that want to drop and re bid should be allowed. The numbers have been increased therefore changing the amounts the houses could accept. Maybe we should re-do all of recruitment.

Posted By: New Pledge
Page 1 of 2
#1by:    

bump

By: Bump

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#2by:    

Whole heartedly agree. If quotas are going up. Everyone including the girls that didnt get cut should hve the opportunity to Re bid!

by: Yes   

Agree

By: Yes
#3by:    

bump

#4by:    

Totes unfair

By: Agree!
#5by:    

bymp

#6by:    

They are not raising quota they are raising total which happens every year after recruitment. You are all new so you wouldn't know otherwise. Quit complaining and enjoy what you have.

By: active
by: Well   

It's totally different! They are using a different formula so that everyone has to take new members. We who are unhappy where we ended up deserve a rerush too!

By: Well
by: So   

My house was safe from COB. Now we have to do it? Unfair for all the girls who went f'ing crazy for two weeks not to mention all the recs, expensive clothes, preparation, expense to even be able to go into rush... That means nothing now

By: So
by: BTW   

It's not a different formula.
And no sorority HAS to take anybody.

By: BTW
by: @BTW   

Yes it is. Usually is a formula based on average chapter size. This time they took the largest chapter and added to that so everyone would have openings. The top houses get to fill a few spots while the lower chapters have to struggle to catch up.

By: @BTW
#7by:    

Please dont mince words. They are raising totals which in turn in this case is increasing "quota". We need to re-do recruitment in the fall.

By: Active
by: BTW   

No.
You want a re-do?
Quit your sorority and go back out for recruitment next fall.
Problem solved.
Of course....nobody's required to give you a bid...or even invite you back to second round.

By: BTW
#8by:    

Not absurd at all. I actually think a winter deferred recruitment is a fair option for all. Why should girls that got completely dropped (regardless of color) have a better opportunity to bid a top tier house, than a girl who got carried to preference?? Does that make sense to anyone? Deferred recruitment is actually a GREAT idea.

By: Agree
by: gag   

get over the whole tier obsession - you chose your house and with an attitude like that you're lucky you got any house!

By: gag
by: ^^^^^   

Totally agree with "Agree" above!

By: ^^^^^
by: LOL   

The sororities would NEVER agree to it. Sorry. Recruitment is hard and time consuming and doing it once a year is enough. Besides, why would we want to go through the work for recruitment so that you can shop around for prestige. We all think our houses are tops and can't stand vapid, ignorant girls who confuse sisterhood with prestige.

By: LOL
by: ^^^^   

being in a house you hate is hard and time consuming too! I don't know how they can get away with messing this many people up a couple of girls. we have rights too.

By: ^^^^
by: why???   

I doubt that anyone would join a house they hate. I would imagine the girls love their houses but their mamas are the ones that are stirring this up.

By: why???
#9by:    

you're a new pledge so your thoughts are irrelevant

By: UH
#10by:    

I think that rathger than use the word tier... what agree means is...
these new "COB" girls have a better chance than girls who went through the stress and cost of formal recruitment... got carried to preference only to be dropped. I am starting to think a "re-do" recruitment may in fact be an answer. Of course using the new totals, and same resume, recs etc.

By: Helping
by: IF   

IF someone was dropped completely they can COB. If they intentionally dropped out of recruitment because they were too special and wonderful for the dreadful houses that actually wanted them, they can't.

Sorry. That's fair.

By: IF
by: ^^^^   

i was told i didn't have a choice. put down all my parties or risk never being greek at all. now all these girls can just go up to a popular house and skate in with no effort and no rejection. i am really pissed.

By: ^^^^
by: Not Better   

girls do not have a better chance, re-doing rush is not an option. chapters still decide.

By: Not Better

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.