facebook

bama greeks vs. bama football

by:    

As a lifelong Alabamian, I am saddened but not surprised. The University is a good one, but racism is still VERY prominent. It's curious that we worship the football team, but would never dream of pledging a Black person.

Posted By: Tide
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

A wise statement, and yes the university is a good one. However, the next generation of students will be ashamed by this as was the state of Alabama when Wallace block the entrance of the school house door!

By: Sage
#2by:    

traditions have to change...

By: state
#3by:    

I begin to wonder how many good students we might lose for next year. Everywhere I go people are talking about it and I am not hearing anything positive spoken about the Machine, Greek Life and the University, with the exception of the football team.

By: H
by: Hey   

perhaps you associate with a bunch of fockheads

By: Hey
by: affect   

it will definitely affect the caliber of guys (mostly African American after all) that we are able to recruit to play football...

By: affect
#4by:    

Racism exists everywhere, I believe it's heading in the right direction in bama. In europe it's much worse at soccer matches. But yes your statement is true, and it baffles me.

By: truth is
#5by:    

And thank you. The thought of all the Greeks sitting in the stadium cheering on their AA team turns my stomach sour, especially after all this. I could say more, but I will refrain.

By: agree

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#6by:    

Its no wonder most of the world thinks we are inbred.

By: Bear
#7by:    

They're like the Roman gladiators. Good for entertainment but that's about it

By: Haha
#8by:    

Is the university a good one? Not so sure about that....

By: Guest
#9by:    

anyone with a pulse can get into Alabama...the part where someone said it is a good university gave me a laugh!

By: Joke
#10by:    

Hey OP, you copy and pasted your post from a thread on greekchat.com.... I know because I'm the one who originally wrote it. I don't even go to Bama anymore, weirdo.

By: WTF

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.