facebook

aka

by:    

Anyone else annoyed that AKA is on the Row? Never see anyone even around that house, they dont do anything, not involved on campus. just go away. or at least move near the black fraternities so you all can sit there together and do nothing to contribute to UA greeklife.

Posted By: not sorry
Page 1 of 2
#1by:    

I see girls around that house and they have been very pretty and seem nice. I'm sorry you think that you shouldn't have to live next door to people who aren't the same color as you (I'm assuming). I think that maybe they will be more willing to contribute to greek life if they felt like we wanted them to be around us (I'm in an NPC sorority too). Maybe we all can help change that because times are changing and its better to try and do something positively about it than to complain on an anonymous website that no one takes seriously anyway.

By: Not me
#2by:    

you with that BURN?

By: Hey can i help
#3by:    

I am embarrassed to occupy the same planet as you, much less attend the same university. Your rock called....it wants you to crawl back under it.

By: Wow!
#4by:    

AKA is a bunch of good for nothin tricksters

By: Clayton Bigsby
#5by:    

Doesn't bother me a bit.
Glad they're there.

By: No
#6by:    

They should seriously consider trading houses with SDT or give it to ADX or something.

By: trade off
by: Why in the    

world would they just choose to give their house to another group?

By: Why in the
by: ^ Exactly   

They've been on the row for nearly 30 years. When they got their first house (a small cottage in the same location), somebody burned a cross in the yard. Being where they are holds a lot of significance for them. Leave them alone, for God's sake.

By: ^ Exactly
by: No brainer   

1)we'd have an organization that is willing to contribute to the row. 2)they'd be closer to the black fraternities. 3)it would way less awkward.

By: No brainer
by: It's funny   

how black students asking about rush always get directed to NPHC on here, and yet apparently the NPHC groups should also know better than to put their house in a white neighborhood. I can't think of any reason they would deign to give their house to a traditionally white fraternity or sorority when at least some of the members were forced to join that house who may otherwise have wanted to go IFC.

By: It's funny
by: ^   

it's funny how you think they are "forced to join"

By: ^

I mean that they don't have an alternative, and I'm by no means saying it's easy to join or inferior. What I'm saying is that they don't have the choice to go IFC, and if any black student were looking for the stereotypical Greek experience, they wouldn't find it in the NPHC. It's basically go NPHC or don't go Greek at all, there is no middle-ground at Bama. I'm saying that they certainly don't owe anyone the favor of giving up their house.

by: @It's funny   

The IFC is the Interfraternity Council, which contains fraternities. Not sororities. Perhaps you meant the NPC?

By: @It's funny

Sorry confusing with the NPHC fraternity Alpha Phi Alpha.

#7by:    

Forced to join NPHC? Nobody tries for NPHC unless they really, REALLY want to, and even then, it's not easy to get into the Divine 9.

By: ...

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#8by:    

I banged an AKA cause we share letters so i let her share some of my meat

By: KA bro
#9by:    

Bump.

I'm annoyed AKA is on the row :-(

By: ?
#10by:    

I am not annoyed at all. Glad AKA is there. I like their Actives. They are welcome and there is plenty of room for all the Houses. There are vacant lots, even.

By: NOt Annoyed
by: active   

oh yes we're just rolling around in empty space around here.. I bet aphi and gamma phi are in complete agreement with you.

By: active
by: @active   

the expansion plan has the lot behind the current swing house occupied by phi Mu as an empty available lot. So there is room @active. No need or justification for the attitude.

By: @active
by: Other active   

Yeah, the barnwell lot. It has a (former?) academic building on it right now but it's going to aopi in the future. I sort of agree with the first commenter, Paul Bryant isn't really the row. I wonder how aka has managed to hold on to their house when SDT couldn't. I heard their membership is getting dangerously low, which is unfortunate.

By: Other active
by: Actually   

AKA is a large chapter for an NPHC sorority. NPHC Greeks are smaller than NPCs on purpose. When you do hear of chapters approaching 100 members, a frequent criticism is that they're not very selective.

By: Actually
by: Another active   

Oh, okay. I knew that NPHC groups were typically smaller but I was at a meeting recently and overheard two girls talking about how aka had recently lost a lot of members (the girls said their numbers were in the teens but I'm assuming they were exaggerating a little). Obviously I don't know how accurate that is but you never really see them around so it didn't seem too far fetched.

By: Another active
by: Ohyeah?   

The NPHC groups pledge upperclassmen, so it's not unusual that a large group of AKAs is graduating.

By: Ohyeah?

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.