facebook

greek life?

by:    

If this is what you guys call Greek life and you guys have no idea what the word even means. Being a transfer student from a SEC university in the south. The sororities and the fraternities at the u have NOTHING I REPEAT NOTHING!!! on real Greek life. Those chapters yall live in are 1/6 of what the chapter houses in the south. Being a sorority girl and seeing how pathetic the Greeks are here, I honestly would never take it seriously or considere being active here even though there's a chapter of my sorority here, I rather be inactive. That being said. Chill out advertising how "bad ass" your parties are and how much popular one sorority is to the other. In the grand scheme of things yall are not in the real Greek life. This is just the off brand market pantry version of the real honey nut Cheerios. Yall wouldn't last a second in Alabama. Roll tide.

Posted By: South
Page 1 of 2
#1by:    

Then go back to the south and your second rate education

By: Real talk
by: JESSICA   

GREEK LIKE RULES IN THE SOUTH. GO SEC...... I BEG TO DIFFER ABOUT SOUTHERN PEOPLE BEING IGNORANT, AS I AM FROM MINNESOTA, WENT TO UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA. UF IS ONE OF THE TOP 15 PUBLIC SCHOOLS IN THE COUNTY . SO STOP JUDGING PEOPLE, AND CALLING THE UA SORORITY SISTER NAMES. THE SOUTH JUST HAS A NICER HOUSES, AND THE GREEK SYSTEM IS HUGGGGE DOWN THERE. THAT IS ALL. PERIOD.... WE WILL PUT YOU
ALL TO SHAME... FROM A ST. PAUL GIRL....

By: JESSICA
#2by:    

What's the difference between a University of Alabama sorority sister and a scarecrow? One lives in a field and is stuffed with hay. The other frightens birds and small animals. but: Only if you weigh more than 150lbs

By: hi south
by: Ashely   

WHEN YOU CAN PLAY FOOTBALL LIKE THE SEC TEAMS, THEN YOU CAN CALL US 2ND RATE....... DREAM ON IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN.... TAKE YOU LITTLE BARBIE SORORITY HOUSES AND STICK THEM IN MISSISSIPPI RIVER. SINCE THEY ARE SO SMALL, THEY WILL BE GONE IN ONE MINUTE.....

By: Ashely
#3by:    

The fact that you are calling Greek life here irrelevant just proves that YOU have no idea what true sisterhood is. I honestly feel sorry for you that you are this stuck up and close minded. The girls here are smart and caring individuals who genuinly care about each other and their chapters as a whole. Yes, it isn't the biggest Greek system in the country. But who honestly cares?? If your chapter means something to you that's what matters. Not what some ignorant girl who clearly doesn't belong here thinks.
Have fun being a geed!!! Based on what you said, you don't even live up to half of any of the Greek woman on this campus.

By: Alphababe
#4by:    

I just find it funny how y'all get so defensive about the non existing greek life that's here. Y'all need to be on a list to even get into a frat party!! I've never heard of that for fraternity events unless it's a date dash, semi formal, or formal.

By: South

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: Please   

Sad but true...

By: Please
by: lol   

Wait what? We have so many people that want to go to parties that we need lists. That makes us bad? Good schools let anyone into frat parties?

By: lol
#5by:    

Go back to your SEC school then. Bye!!!

By: North
#6by:    

Big 10 schools suck anyway. SEC Schools are the only ones that matter and their Greek life as well.

By: SEC
by: except   

Your academics suck. Greek life is fun and all but graduate and enter the real world. Job recruiters are going to prefer Northwestern, UMich, U of Illinois, U of Wisconsin and other Big10 over SEC schools. They're not gonna care you went to a crap school with a big greek scene.

By: except
#7by:    

Dumb hillbilly. The real question is you even got into this school.

By: soph
by: Ashely   

yes I did... got into UM. what am I ? I northern Hillbilly? really... stop the insults.... I am from Minnesota....... UM has a lot to offer, just not sorority life. I am from North Oaks, no Hillbilly.

By: Ashely
#8by:    

She's right. Greek life at the U blows. In general, if you don't become a member of a top frat or sorority, just don't bother going Greek at all, especially with the amount of weird, middle-tier houses that exists on campus.

If you're confident and good-looking, finding friends at the U isn't that hard.

By: Please
by: lol   

someone didn't get a bid

By: lol
by: Hah   

Amen to that. greek life is for weak losers who are unable to make friends and connections naturally and need a guide. i mean, just take a look at most fraternity and sorority houses on campus. except for the few top greek houses (who you normally should just use for their parties and alumni connections), most houses consist of people who are losers in life and socially awkward to the point that they had to join fraternities to make friends.

Greek life at the U is a sad, sad, saaad story.

By: Hah
#9by:    

BOOOOOOORING . so new threat?!

By: LOL
#10by:    

No I did not get into the University of Minnesota, did not even apply. I am from Minnesota, I go the Vanderbilt University. The " Harvard" school of the SEC. So much harder to get into the UM. Please stop the irrational comments about sorority girls in the South( I am proud to be a member of sorority at Vanderbilt). The only difference between sororities in Minnesota and in the SEC, and that there are more of them in the south, and membership is huge. No one is doubting Sisterhood at anyone of the houses at UM .....

By: Gwen

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.