facebook

debating rushing again

by: Sophomore

I rushed last year as a freshman and ended up dropping out due after two days. As the year went on, I really wished I stuck with it and was debating re rushing in the fall as a sophomore. Is it even an option or will I be cut from every house since I dropped last year? Or would I have a chance? I don't know how recruitment works for sophomores at all and was just wondering if anyone knows anything about this situation.

Posted By: Sophomore
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Age is relative   

Over a third of girls going through recruitment are sophomores or older! ( okay I might be off on the statistic but that's the vibe we get from recruiting) Being a sophomore or older isn't a rarity and usually wouldn't harm your chances at getting invited back to houses. (1 or 2 houses might care but the majority don't) Girls don't look at age when considering you, they judge based on your personality and how you act. Just be yourself and you'll be fine! (Just stick with it this time!) Hope everything goes well for you!

By: Age is relative
#2  by: 2   

As far as you dropping last fall, chances are the houses probably don't remember, as there were 600+ girls that went through recruitment last year and many dropped. I'm not sure about other organizations, but I know that mine shreds all recruitment notes/info about PNMs after recruitment, so my guess is that there isn't a record of you dropping out. Stick with it this time, you won't regret it!

By: 2
#3  by: Go Greek!   

Basically to reiterate what the other comments have said - go for it! Unless you made a horrible impression last year (which I doubt you did) I would say that the fact that you went through rush and then dropped should make little to no difference. Honestly, if I saw a girl go through Recruitment after dropping out of it last year I'd be pleasantly surprised to see that they decided to give it a second shot! It'll be a different experience for you especially because you will most likely know girls in houses who are your age, but it's all what you make of it. Just be yourself and I promise you'll love whatever house you end up in!

By: Go Greek!

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.