facebook

Would like some input on rushing

by:    

Wanting to rush sig chi but is it an actual brotherhood where everyone actually knows each other or just a big frat with bunch of small friend groups within?

And do most rush it just bc it’s considered top tier and known nationally?

Posted By: Gopher
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Sig Chi is kinda too big to be “friends” with everyone, you’ll know everyone’s names and be friendly with 99% of the guys but you’ll definitely find a smaller group you spend most your time with. Not a bad thing tbh, but it’s the truth.

By: Sig
by: Gopher   

Aren’t the pledge classes also huge? Especially for the fall? I can’t imagine knowing and being close with a pledge class of like 20

By: Gopher
#2by:    

Fall classes are usually high 30s to low 40s rn. With those numbers you’re not gonna be super close with everyone, but because of the way pledging works you’re at least gonna have those guys to lean on because they’ll know a lot about you and you about them.

You could also consider rushing in Spring if you really want to be in a bigger house but don’t want a large PC, but tbh I think to get the full experience rushing in Fall is the best choice.

by: On   

Is it harder for upperclassmen like sophomores or juniors to get bids? Or not really? I heard big houses like sig chi don't bid them really at all

By: On
#3by:    

A lot of sophomores get bids, and rarely a junior though I’ve never seen more than one in a pledge class. The last couple years pledge classes are usually maybe 1 junior, 3-4 sophomores, and the rest freshman.

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: Oh   

Damn so I’m assuming the one junior is 99% of the times friends or are known by the actives? If not then they’d have to make a really good impression sorta deal?
Because I’ve heard that it’s happened many times where juniors get bids

By: Oh

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.