facebook

cob

by:    

kappa, aphi and dg didn't get enough girls during recruitment and had to give snap bids on bid day and are currently doing cob

Posted By: sorority
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Kappa got 48 NM so I highly doubt that they'll do COB

By: What?
#2by:    

I'm in kappa and we were well above the quota, nice try

By: no

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#3by:    

I think they all got overconfident in who they could get with the number of girls that signed up for recruitment.

By: sorority2
#4by:    

Quota was 42

Alpha Chi Omega-43
Alpha Gamma Delta-?
Alpha Omicron Pi-44
Alpha Phi-38
Chi Omega-51
Delta Gamma-45
Gamma Phi Beta-43
Kappa Alpha Theta-38
Kappa Kappa Gamma-48
Pi Beta Phi-42
Phi Mu-45

By: bids
by: AGD   

AGD was sending out emails so they definitely did not meet quota but not sure of what that number could be.

By: AGD
by: theta   

I'm in Theta and we actually got 40, just for reference!

By: theta
by: lol   

alpha phi has a pledge class of 42 lol

By: lol

they are also not doing cob

#5by:    

continued recruiting depends on total chapter size and openings related to people graduating or dropping out

By: sorority
#6by:    

only alpha phi gave out snap bids. kappa and dg made quota.

By: mz

dg is currently doing cob so they definitely did not make quota

by: @mz   

Also remember it's not just about meeting quota, it's about retention too. So just because XYZ got 45 members, 7 of them could drop on bid day or the first week and they would need to do COB.

By: @mz
#7by:    

What is cob?

By: Question
by: @question   

C.O.B. stands for continuos open bidding. It's a period of time where sororities can offer bids to up total to girls who are interested without having to go through a formal or informal process. Members usually suggest friends they know who might be interested and they may sit down with the executive board for an interview or a committee. If they like them, they're issued a bid.

By: @question
#8by:    

just so everyone is aware, just because a chapter needs to cob doesnt mean they didnt make quota. after recruitment panhel sets a total that sorority membership needs to be at. a house could have gotten quota or more members but still need to cob because a lot of seniors graduated or people dropped over the summer

By: k
#9by:    

aphi and kappa both made quota and are both not doing cob

By: hdhhdj
by: incorrect   

They did not both make quota. Kappa made quota, APhi did not. APhi did snap bids. This is old news.

By: incorrect

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.