facebook

quota?

by:    

What was quota?

Posted By: wondering
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Thought it would be upper 50s but lowered to 40s after so many dropped during the recruitment process (day 1 and 2).

By: gopher
#2by:    

42 was the quota!

By: life
#3by:    

How did ChiO get 51 girls if quota was 42? Can someone explain that?

By: Question
by: know   

Quota is determined by each individual recruitment. For example, if there are 4 chapters and 100 women go to Preference, quota will be 100/4=25. That means each chapter can take 25 women. The quota can be adjusted by the last 3 years # of women who actually end up formally signing on to the sorority.

Chapter total is determined by each campus's Panhellenic (if there is one). If chapter total is 100, that means all chapters should be at or above that size. However, there are usually chapters below, at, or above chapter total.

Examples:
Chapter A: 75 members before formal recruitment, took quota of 25, they are now at chapter total of 100.

Chapter B: 60 members before formal recruitment, took quota of 25, they now have 85 members and can have continuous open recruitment events for another 15 women to get closer or at chapter total.

Chapter C: 90 members before formal recruitment, took quota of 25, they now have 115 members and cannot take anymore women because they exceed chapter total by 15 women.

By: know
by: Actual 'know'.   

Formal Recruitment is the one time that a chapter CAN go over chapter total (set by campus). Chapter total isn't reset until after formal recruitment anyway.

Other chapters get more than total because they are called quota additions. While a chapter got 'more' this doesn't necessarily mean they are better than other chapters in terms of their recruiting strength. Perhaps once you are a legit member you will get to find out why.

By: Actual 'know'.
by: Ok   

I never implied that they were better for having more girls, it was just a simple question since their Instagram post said 51 and I was confused. The attitude wasn't necessary, I'm glad you know more than me, but acting pretentious when it was an innocent question was not necessary.

By: Ok
by: Apologies   

The snark was directed at the first comment to your question, not you. I am sorry that I didn't make that distinction clear. It was rude of me.

By: Apologies
#4by:    

did all chapters make quota?

By: mz
#5by:    

Yes, the example Chapter C shows how a chapter can go over the total. I said that individual chapters can be below, at or above the Panhellenic decided chapter total--relax Actual 'know' because none of this matters for real life!

By: know

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#6by:    

In order for a chapter to get "quota additions" there have to be "extra" people on their bid list once the chapter has matched to quota. So let's say a strong recruiting chapter has 100 people at preference and they out all 100 on their bid list. Let's say they match quota at position 94 on the ranked list. That means there are only 6 "extra" people on their list.

If all 7 of those are matched to another chapter, there are no people left to add. If another recruiting chapter has 120 people at preference and they match quota at position 90 on their list, they still have a lot more people that could potentially be quota additions if they aren't matched at the end of the initial matching process.

Make sense? I know it's complicated, but it's what has worked throughout the US for decades.

By: one more thing

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.