facebook

where did you pref?

by:    

Which houses did you attend preference round at and which did you select?

Posted By: Curious
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Everyone dropped today or yesterday. There was probably only like 100 people at pref lol

By: truth
by: This   

This is so true. What happened to everyone? There were so many the first day.

By: This
#2by:    

There were 900 girls at the beginning, the Rhos said it was the most they've ever had. Dropped as soon as I got my schedule this morning. Get the whole trust the process nonsense but if I'm the only paying, I better end up somewhere where I felt comfortable.

By: Eh
#3by:    

I didn't sleep at all last night. I got dropped by Kappa and Alpha Phi for pref and ended up going to the 2 house known to take their rejects. Not sure what to do today - neither house felt right yesterday. The above comment it correct - a lot of money if you are not happy where you end up :(

By: Sad
by: @sad   

I'm sorry you didn't get your favorite houses, but come on. Using "houses known for taking rejects" as a phrase showcases a completely inappropriate attitude and probably the reason you got dropped from more competitive houses.

There are 11 PHC sororities and they will all cut down to 55ish new members. That's competitive. There are no accidents in where you end up, there's a lot of thought behind it.

Correct your attitude or drop because maybe it's indicative that you are a "reject."

By: @sad
by: Pnm at the U    

Please drop if you are unhappy about the 2 chapters that considered you as a potential new sister. Other girls like me would be so happy to get a bid. Do not take away the spot if you feel you do not fit in. Thanks!

By: Pnm at the U
by: gopher   

So did u get aa bid or not?

By: gopher
#4by:    

From what I heard, an overwhelming amount dropped the first and second day ( a lot of people don't realize sororities cost money). The problem is the UMN process moves the houses you try to drop up (i.e You choose your top 8 and you get dropped by 3, therefore your bottom/dropped 3 get moved up into your schedule). That wasn't explained to anyone by the Rhos and pissed a lot of people off because they felt it was a waste of time visiting houses they want to drop.

By: hmm
by: @hmm   

That's how everyone's system works. Sorry, it's only mutual selection at preference if you're getting invited back to every house.

Sorry, I don't have sympathy for girls who don't listen or don't do their research.

By: @hmm
#5by:    

People were mad about having to revisit houses they wanted to drop not about getting dropped. Not about the mutual selection process. Having to visit houses you tried dropping people thought was a waste and therefore dropped.

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: @hmm   

Bro, that's the same thing. Get over it. YOU don't drop them, THEY drop you. It's the same at every university. No houses are a "waste of time." More like if you have an attitude like that then you are a waste of your time. If you don't like it, don't go Greek.

#6by:    

"Feel lucky." Nah, I can meet weird girls like the ones in Theta and AGD anywhere on campus... without having to pay two grand for it.

By: Nope
by: yep   

It's about 3 grand a year for most houses! (Phi Mu & XO cheaper since they don't have a house). Yea not worth it to "settle" for a house you are not that interested in!

By: yep
#7by:    

What the hell I hope that this doesn't reflect the new PNM class as a whole. You guys, we ALL went through this same process. The only way you don't have to go back to AGD/KAT/whatever house you tried to drop is if every round, you get asked back to ALL eight or five houses you ranked.

This happens very rarely. Most people go back to houses they tried to drop every round. But It shows good character to go to houses you're not as in love with and give them a fair chance and have a positive attitude.

Stop complaining. it breaks my heart to see the harshness given towards the "bottom" houses. You're honestly lucky to get in anywhere. Grow up

By: omfg
by: Amen to that    

Bump!

By: Amen to that
by: Truth   

Me coming on here and saying they couldn't carry a conversation isn't me being harsh, it's just the way it is, they suck at recruiting. It's not like I was disrespectful while in their house or didn't give them the time of day. I went in with an open mind but it wasn't for me and I'm allowed to say that the bottom is at the bottom for a reason. It's not because they're not the typical sorority girl, it's just that they're all so vastly different within the house that you can't actually imagine yourself being a part of it.

By: Truth
by: @truth   

Have fun being a GDI then! We don't need toxic attitudes like yours in Greek life!

By: @truth
by: Lol   

It's not toxic, sorry I don't feel like spending my parents money on some BS house just for the hell of it.

By: Lol
by: .   

Honey, if you got cut from the houses you liked me, it's because they thought YOU couldn't carry a conversation or sell yourself properly. I wouldn't judge the "bottom" houses too harshly if I'd gotten cut from the top.

You seem to be under the delusion that sororities exist so that you can pay your way into being friends with a "better" caliber of person than those who would be friends with you for free. Needless to say, that's not why they exist, and if you gave off ANY hint of that during recuitment, then there's zero surprise that you got cut.

By: .
#8by:    

Frats have a much better process. You get to go where you want - the house you want may not offer you a bid but at least you do not waste days going to houses that you do not plan to join.

By: Frat
by: .   

lots of girls change favorites over the course of recruitment. the houses they love at the beginning aren't necessarily the ones they love at the end.

the system is set up to give people chances to change their minds. at most it's a few extra hours of your life spent talking to people. it's not going to kill you.

By: .
#9by:    

These are the threads we need more of

By: Truu
by: Yesss   

Petty dramatic sorority girls living up to their full potential.

By: Yesss
#10by:    

Sounds to me like a lot of pnms didn't do their homework and at least find out how recruitment worked if they were going to go through it. It takes a lot of nerve to complain about a national system that's the same everywhere in the country just because it doesn't suit you. SMH!

By: problems

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.