facebook

advice you'd give to yourself during recruitment

by:    

If you could give yourself any tips/advice on recruitment to your younger self, what would it be?

Posted By: advice
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Don't be persuaded by aphi the first day and rank them first. I'm not saying they aren't a great house to get into - they just are very selective and drop the most amount of girls the first day. Ranking them first puts you at risk at losing other houses as well - this is what happened to me. They are amazing recruiters and convince many girls the first day - but before you go in, make sure to read their reviews, and look at their house COLLECTIVELY rather than just one conversation....it could save you a spot in a different house you truly have a good chance of getting into. Good luck!!

By: Helpful
by: advice   

Thank you!

By: advice
#2by:    

1. stay positive no matter your situation. you may get cut from houses you thought you had great times in, and you may get invited back to only houses you hate. it happened to me and my roommate who both rushed and we both love the houses we are currently in. Also, we notice your attitude and we know the days are long. the happier you are the more fun the conversation will be and the better chance for you to make a solid connection.

2. always be prepared. bring a bag that can fit things you might need like deoderant, makeup, an umbrella, pens, food, etc. my rule of thumb: if it can’t hold a burrito and a waterbottle comfortably, its not big enough. you leave the bags outside with your rho alphas so don’t fret about bringing them in the houses/ suites. notice i said pens-yours may run out of ink like mine did. bring two because youre gonna wanna remember as much as possible after each party.

3. do not, i repeat, do not take this website and its rankings to heart. each sorority has a different personality, and dont try to land a top house just because its a top house. choose based upon how you feel and not what other people say. each house may have a reputation, but those are always surface level and they should be taken with a grain of salt. just find the house you feel you can be your genuine self in and thats all that should matter, not how high they are on a list or how frats perceive them.

this is a lot, but its what i wish i knew before my recruitment. hope it helps

By: former rushee

Thank you!

#3by:    

Just try to go to as many phi psi events as you can.

By: Gophertime

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: Wow   

Wow this kid gets it. #PhiPsi is the top house hahah

By: Wow

Sorority recruitment, not fraternity!

#4by:    

Seriously. Don't get caught up in judging strictly on looks. Its easy, coming out of high school, to want to be "popular".. But the mid tier sorority girls are so pretty, fun, genuine.. they just don't all look alike. ex. axo, aopi, gphi.

By: ..
by: True   

This >>

By: True

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.