facebook

pnm advice

by: .

there are like a million of these on this site but I feel like they get drowned out by drama

1. it’s hard to go into rush completely oblivious to “rankings” and obviously if you’re on this site you’ve already seen them lmao. just don’t let it completely dictate your own experience (i.e. rank certain houses higher bc you feel like that’s what you SHOULD do, feel bad about not having a good experience at or getting invited back to a “top” house)

2. don’t form concrete opinions during open house. this round is so tough bc you don’t really get enough time with girls to get a good feel for the house. I HATED my chapter the first time I went and almost didn’t put it in my top ten and then was completely in love every other round.

3. there will be girls in every chapter that you click with and ones you don’t. don’t feel like you can’t call somewhere home just because one girl was a little off.

4. it’s a super emotional process and there’s a reason gamma chis say not to talk to other pnms about houses. you don’t want someone else to talk badly about a house you like and have it sway your opinion. your home is your home.

5. trust the process. it’s the most simple yet the hardest to follow.

6. try not to get worked up about things that don’t work out. not getting invited back to a house you loved or not finding anywhere you feel at home can make you feel like you don’t fit in at the university in general which is absolutely not true. UK is a huge school and you’ll find your place whether it’s in a chapter or not

Posted By: .
Post Reply Report

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.