facebook

aopi closing? can it be confirmed?

by:    

My mom (not an AOPi) went to our hometown Panhellenic meeting to discuss writing recs for local girls going to all schools next fall, and an AOPi alum mentioned that they had gotten an email that their Hdqtrs. was giving strong consideration to closing the UK AOPi chapter at the end of this year.
She asked me if I’d heard anything. Has anyone here confirm this?

Posted By: KY
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

AOPi closing effective May 3; all current UK members to be given alumnae status.

By: confirmed

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: Louisville   

That has to be SO SAD for the sisters and alums. No matter the chapter size or stature, you work hard to build it and grow to love your sisters like family.
Let’s be kind to these ladies; they’re going through a lot.

By: Louisville
#2by:    

Lol they have a recruitment meeting for this upcoming fall. They aren’t closing

By: oh
by: nah   

nah man it’s for real they’re gone after this semester

By: nah
by: BG   

F YOU, oh. Go crawl back under your rock and post your hate elsewhere!

By: BG
#3by:    

Hey all! We voted to close our chapter this semester.
I'm still super proud of my chapter, I love my chapter and all our sisters.

Recruitment 2017 was really rough for us, as you're probably aware, we didn't even get 30 girls. At that time, there was 0 talk of closing the chapter. HOWEVER, thanks to this lovely website and rumors that we were closing because of our small pledge class, we had a lot of PNMs that were wary of us because they didn't want to be part of a failing chapter. This resulted in another small pledge class in 2018.

Unfortunately its a positive feedback loop
Low amounts of girls on bid day > rumors we're closing > no one wants to join > low numbers of girls on bid day > more rumors we're closing etc.

it has gotten to the point that the rumors aren't just rumors anymore and we are closing. We decided it would be best to surrender our charter and come back on campus in 5 years with a fresh start and a few years later build a new house than to struggle and die a slow death with the lowest numbers we've had in decades. We basically had to put down the family dog.

On the bright side, without the dark cloud of recruitment looming over us, we will be focusing our philanthropy (the Arthritis Foundation) and fun sisterhood events for the rest of the semester.

By: Panda
by: GREEK   

^^^^ Make no mistake: THIS took guts to write, but it’s something that EVERYBODY who posts crap on this site needs to read.

CLASSY way to go out, ladies....bless you.

By: GREEK
by: Hey   

❤️❤️ sending love your way

LIOB

By: Hey

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.