facebook

my experience and the truth about aphi

by:    

I normally would never come on this website because I hate the concept of it but if any PNM’s are lurking I thought I’d share my experience to warn freshman. I was in Alpha Phi for two years. I prefed Aphi and Tridelt and I was SO excited when I got aphi on bid day. I quickly realized the sorority was completely different than the vibe I got during recruitment. They only let their most beautiful people talk during recruitment and hide everyone else. Everything was about photoshoots, looking pretty 24/7 (and getting judged if I didn’t) and desperately trying to be the best sorority on campus (to a pathetic extent). Girls drop left and right and it got to a point where I didn’t even know half my pledge class because they were getting replaced with COB’s. I stuck it out for two years because I liked the idea of being in a sorority and I was hoping it would get better (it never did). My friends and I all decided to drop this year because we had enough. Aphi is a good chapter if you’re interested in things like being Instagram famous and judging other people for their appearances. I’m not saying no one should join Aphi or that everyone in the chapter hates it, but I wanted to warn people that will get fooled by their recruitment like I did when I could’ve potentially found a house I ended up enjoying. That’s all from me.

Posted By: Me
Page 2 of 2
#11by:    

But yet you did

By: Sister
#12by:    

look at purdue’s page, the exact same post was said about kappa there and there are other schools with the same post too. just someone trying to stir the pot. sincerely hope no pnm’s took this to heart

By: fake
#13by:    

Is all of this actually true :( I’m scared to rush now

By: Sad
#14by:    

Theta? You're kidding, right?
"If YOU don't look good, WE don't look good."

That's Theta. They'll stick you in the kitchen!

Believe me, I know!

DON'T RUSH THETA!!!

By: Kidding?
#15by:    

Bump

By: bump
#16by:    

AXO, KD, ADPi, and Theta all hide girls during recruitment who they think aren't "good enough" too. It's not right but it's very common so APhi shouldn't be the only chapter hated on for doing it

By: wow
by: Hi   

This is not true at all, each sorority has their own way of doing things & I would bet all of my money that you aren’t a member in each chapter you mentioned, so you wouldn’t know. I wouldn’t think any chapter hides girls during recruitment, but maybe that’s wishful thinking. Aphi felt fake to me when I went through recruitment. That’s just my experience tho! PNMs, it will all be okay :)

By: Hi
#17by:    

lmao the person who wrote this didn't voluntarily drop- they got kicked out and are just jealous. when youre in a chapter, you have to follow the rules, and if you dont, you will be terminated. We also dont "hide" anyone during recruitment. everyone has to participate or panhellenic will charge u

By: aphi

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#18by:    

not trying to justify this but most of the "top" houses do this. I have close friends in adpi and theta who complain that they do the exact same thing. I don't think anyone should be doing this but lets not pretend like aphi is the only one who does

By: eh
#19by:    

bump this

By: me

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.