facebook

the truth about every sorority

by:    

Lets be real-sorority recruitment is the fakest process of all time. Here's some info about every sorority to help you actually figure out where you fit in.

AOPi- aopi is consistently ranked as the lowest sorority on campus but they're also by far the most inclusive. If you don't fit the typical sorority girl stereotype but you're still interested in sisterhood-aopi might be a good fit.
Alpha Phi- alpha phi has the highest drop rate on campus. why? their dues are ridiculously high and they care too much about looks and status. if you're interested in being instagram famous but don't care much about sisterhood (or grades): alpha phi is for you.
ADPi- adpi is the classiest sorority on campus (in my opinion). they are HUGE on grades and most are very religious. not the sorority to join if you're a big partier.
Chi O- earthy, hippie type girls. really chill but some take it too far. they have a good sisterhood and are well liked on campus.
Theta- consistently ranked as one of the best sororities but very disliked on campus. girls tend to be extremely stuck up and a lot of people drop because they cant find a genuine sisterhood. join for status but not for real friends.
Pi Phi-probably the "coolest" sorority on campus. chill girls that like to go out a lot and are well liked by frats. with that said, their campus involvement sucks. join if you like their reputation, not if you're big on philanthropy.
KD/DZ-i put these two together because their reputations are basically the exact same. middle tier houses that will always stay middle tier. they both have good sisterhoods though, so join if you're interested in finding genuine friends but don't care about status.
KKG-like aopi, these girls are always ranked pretty low on campus but they're definitely not bottom tier. they have a lot of gems and are similar to adpi in the sense that they are huge on grades and not going out. definitely one of the more inclusive sororities on campus.
Phi Mu-these girls have slowly been getting better since their arrival on campus a few years ago. they have a crazy nice house along with pretty high dues. they're still trying to move past the "Pi MOO" reputation but that's very possible with a few good pledge classes.
DG-these girls are great at recruitment but are fairly irrelevant on campus. a modge podge of girls that could've gone top tier and a few weirdos. decent sisterhood with lots of girls that like to go out a lot.
AXO-by far the fastest rising sorority. they only came to campus a couple years ago but they're already higher in ranks than sororities that have been here for 50+ years. they're made their mark by placing in philanthropy events and building a new house.
Tri Delt- their reputation is a mixture of Theta, Alpha Phi & Pi Phi's reputation. Some are fake and stuck up, some are just here to party and couldn't care less about involvement. Well ranked on campus.
AGD-Very similar to AOPi but ranked slightly better. A solid sisterhood but extremely irrelevant on campus.

Posted By: Hey
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

All truth besides the clear ADPi favoritism.

By: Sophomore
#2by:    

This is pretty spot on. I couldn’t describe alpha phi, theta or pi phi any better tbh. I will say though you’re giving AXO a LOT of credit. Yes they’re still newish on campus and they might be ranked higher than AOPi and Agd but that doesn’t take much to do. They are still way lower than DZ and KD and those sororities (like you said) will always be middle tier. Axo might have a chance in 5 years or so, but for now they’re still bottom tier

By: Nice
#3by:    

I'm a sophomore going through recruitment for the second time. I got A Phi the first time around, which was my top choice all of recruitment but I ended up hating it and dropping before initiation. Your "truth" is spot on. All they cared about was looks, body types, and instagram followers. I was really sad to drop because I wanted to find a home away from home, but a phi was not the place to find "long lasting friendships"

By: Dropped APHI
#4by:    

PNMs, this is one person's opinion. Be perceptive about what is right for YOU.

By: Kentucky

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#5by:    

While reading this, I found myself agreeing with all the negative things this person said about every sorority, but not my own. This being said, the only people who truly know how a sorority is... are the people that are in it. I have thought some of these horrible things about each sorority, and then met an amazing girl that makes me rethink everything. Most of what this person said, are not true of the sorority as a whole and should not be considered the rule.

By: Stereotypes
#6by:    

Coming from a guys perspective, this is damn good. You're giving a lot of credit to Chi O though...those girls are manly. The girls that are hippie are the whack type you try to stay away from.

By: Frat Member

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.