facebook

should i drop?

by:    

I rushed in the fall and joined a "top" house and one that I really thought I would love. But now that I'm in it, I haven't made friends with many people and I honestly don't really like the girls in my pledge class at all. I mean I've made a few good friends, but I'm just not sure if it's enough to stay in it. I'm really confused because I was really excited to rush this sorority and I've just been really disappointed with it. What should I do?

Posted By: confused
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Is it ADPi? Because same.

By: Yes
by: confused   

Maybe.. why do you feel like that?

By: confused
by: confused   

I'm not going to say what sorority it is because it doesn't matter and I don't want to bash my sorority at all because I don't hate it or anything. I just want to know if other people are or have felt this before and want actual advice because I never pictured myself dropping

By: confused
#2by:    

Make up your mind that as a brand new initiate you will follow-through on your vows to be loyal to your new home. Unfamiliar sorority experiences can be confusing, and your new sisters will be there for you if you allow them into your heart and mind. Remember all acquaintance and friendship is a two-way street, so participate wholeheartedly in the work and the fun of your new enterprise.

Or you could run back home sucking your thumb and screaming, "Gee Momma and Papa college life sure is hard! I quit!!"

By: HB
#3by:    

I feel the same way. My “top tier” sorority was really nice to me during rush and then on bid day find out most of my pledge class went to same high schools and are not nice at all. I would never pick them if I knew that. They’re so rude I just hang with girls in my dorm.

By: Confused too
#4by:    

Confused too sounds like Theta. I know the feeling.

By: ???
#5by:    

I’m not a top tier sorority member but I really want to weigh in on this. Since you’re initiated you won’t be able to join another. You need to seriously think about whether you want to give up four years of Greek experience. Maybe Greek life just isn’t your thing, which is totally okay. But speaking from my own personal experience, wait til you do recruitment from “the other side” before you drop. I made so many friends and connected so much more with my pledge class. Maybe try to form a closer relationship with your big. That can help! And don’t forget, next year you get a little. I’d wait it out just a little bit.

By: Hey

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.