facebook

should i try to rush again?

by:    

I went through formal recruitment and didn't get in a sorority. I was extremely involved in high school and an honors student. I wasn't even nervous or stressed during recruitment, I was genuinely having a good time. I got asked back to most of the houses including some of the top ones after the first cut. But I wasn't asked back to any after the second cut. I was even a legacy for my top choice. Was it something I did wrong? I tried to be genuine with every girl I talked to and had some amazing conversations. I had so much in common with some girls and was shocked to learn they didn't like me. I'm so hurt because I keep seeing how much fun everyone in Greek life is having. I rushed to feel included, but it was one of the most hurtful experiences of my life. Is it worth rushing again? Will I get the same result?

Posted By: Dropped
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Sometimes the system just doesn't work out right and girls fall through the cracks. I'd suggest doing COB, the events are fun, the conversations are much more casual and you're much more likely to get a bid!

By: It's not you!
#2by:    

I rushed as a freshman & then again as a sophomore and my sophomore year went great. I think you just need to make sure ur as open as possible with the girls so they really get to know you, try again!

By: hello
#3by:    

Try out spring COB!!! I feel like through COB you get a better feel for the sorority and they get a better feel for you. The events are fun and a lot more laid back. You are more likely to stand out/get a bid in this process than through formal recruitment. Good luck I'm sure you'll find your home soon! (also doesn't hurt if you make friends with some girls in greek houses- this obviously won't get you a bid into their house but like I said it doesn't hurt and it will make COB feel even more relaxed)

By: yes
#4by:    

Bidding new members simply to make students "feel included" isn't the reason sororities exist. You need to be a whole person with something to bring to the sorority for them to see you as "fitting in". Even being a legacy doesn't mean you will be bid. Something about you stood out to women in the homes that made them decide not to invite you into their next party rounds. Better luck next recruitment.

By: reality

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#5by:    

Always Rush

By: RUSH

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.