facebook

aopi

by:    

Aopi only got 27 new members???? How sad.):

Posted By: Awe
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

If this is true I wonder if they'll stay on campus much longer... UK had sigma kappa when my sister was here and they lost their chapter because they weren't recruiting enough girls. I think the last year they were here their pledge class was about 10 girls

By: Wow
by: right now   

There are quite a few campuses this Fall with one or two houses (including strong national groups) that are not making quota by a large margin. Some of these campuses have installed new sororities during the past seven years; UK has installed three (and lost one) since 2009 and will soon have a fourth.

Are pnm numbers dwindling compared with their growth over the past decade, or are women with more sorority choices choosing the newer groups because the old ones are aging and stale?

By: right now
#2by:    

I can see why! Everyone on campus hated them and lots of girls didn't get bids because they disliked them so much that they suicide bidded their only other house during pref. So sad for those girls. A chapter that pushes girl to avoid greek life should not be here.

By: mad
by: not really   

Please do share how UK AOII students push women to avoid greek life. Astounding phenomenon if true.

By: not really
by: um   

I thought I explained it but I guess you didn't get it so I will again: If MULTIPLE girls would rather not be a part of greek life at ALL than join your chapter, you shouldn't be a chapter. Girls who go through rush week should not ever be left with an option that they hate so much, they would rather just not get a bid.

By: um
by: maturity   

If we only pledge GIRLS then the WOMEN on campus may need to consider joining a sorority.

By: maturity
#3by:    

They will need to work miracles in COB. How many actives do they have? I had heard last spring they are closing. Last year they lost something like 75% of PC16 prior to initiation.

Kappa doesn't have that many actives either. From appearances, AGD, Kappa and AOPi pulled from the same pool of PNMs. Very similar PCs.

By: Kentucky
by: You are clueless kentucky   

Here you are again Kentucky! You are all over this website!

By: You are clueless kentucky
by: Idk    

I love whoever Kentucky is. They tell it like it is and they're the ones who exposed tri self. Whoever Kentucky is they know what's going on with everyone

By: Idk
by: Huh?   

Uhhhh...can you tell me the source that you found that shows that Kappa has few actives??!

:/????

By: Huh?
by: Wait   

Isn't kappa one of the biggest sororities, if not the biggest?

By: Wait
by: ????   

Kappa has like 300 actives lol

By: ????
by: delta   

kappa most certainly has just under 300 actives right now and took above quota... they're doing just fine

By: delta
#4by:    

How many members does aopi have?! How much longer do they have on campus?

By: Xxx
by: HEY   

roughly 200, and we're not going anywhere

By: HEY
#5by:    

Surprised their nationals would tweet out about them getting 28 girls in their pledge class when that's so far below quota (81). Normally nationals don't try to draw attention to struggling chapters.

By: hmm

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: AOII   

that's because our HQ loves us even when our chapter is going through tough times! We love our new members, even if there's only 27 of them and I'm glad HQ still posted about them even though we were below quota!

By: AOII
#6by:    

I'm seeing some rather inflated extimates of membership.

Is there a new chapter total allowed?

By: Kentucky

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.