facebook

help!

by:    

I'm gonna be a 4th year this fall...and I didn't rush a sorority my first 3 years here because I didn't think I could handle classes and rush at the same time (I'm a stem major...about 3.0 gpa) or I had work conflicts. Will it be really hard for me to get a bid?

Posted By: Rushing as a senior?
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

It might be an issue, but you should try anyways. Sororities don't just judge on your year

By: Umm
#2by:    

You'll be automatically dropped by about half the houses on the first night of rush and it will be pretty hard to get a bid from the others with GPA/ graduating soon after you're initiated. You should still try though! If you're outgoing and have great conversations during rush you may get a bid

By: Probably
#3by:    

If you don't have all the credits to be considered a senior- you can go in as a junior to recruitment.

By: Pete
#4by:    

Phi Sigma Rho is a Science and Engineering sorority, so you might want to check them out. They have a separate recruitment though. In general though your year should not keep you from going through recruitment.

By: heyyy

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#5by:    

Rushing as a 4th Year isn't the end of the world. In fact, from a statistical standpoint, seniors are one of the best girls to have in a pledge class. In the case that chapters reach quota, seniors don't count towards the quota, so a chapter can take you in addition to all the other girls on their bid list.
However, unless you pick a chapter that does winter or spring recruitment, you won't be able to pick up a little, unless you end up staying for a 5th year.

By: Well...
#6by:    

No it won't be difficult to get a bid! Rush anyways. You won't get dropped for being a 4th year.

By: yeaaaaaa
#7by:    

DO NOT listen to those other comments! I am currently in a PHC sorority at UCSD and I can tell you for a fact that my chapter would not consider your year or major when considering giving you a bid. The chapters are looking for women to initiate into their respective chapter's lifetime of sisterhood--NOT just for another year. I highly encourage you to go through formal recruitment in the fall, and I don't think you'll regret it. A 4th year who was just initiated into my chapter last year (and graduated last year) said that her only regret was not rushing sooner. I hope you decide to go through formal recruitment in the fall, and the only advice I have to give you is to be yourself. Everyone has a way of finding where they belong in recruitment. :)

By: sororitygirl
by: this   

seconded :)

By: this

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.