facebook

nervous about recruitment

by:    

i'm so nervous about recruitment. my biggest fear is not getting a bid and even tho people say it's rare, i'm sure it happens so i'm super worried. any way to calm the nerves?

Posted By: nervous
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Don't let this process (or even thinking about it) make you lose yourself. It sounds silly but especially during recruitment when you're being cut from chapters, just keep reminding yourself of all the things that make you awesome! You're beautiful. You're smart (duh you got into UCSD). You love community service. You're super active and play sports. You love nerdy things. You're a (insert anything here) rights activist. IDK you but you do! Remind yourself of all the amazing things that make you, you :) Don't give the chapters such a strong hold over your confidence, its not the end of the world if you dont get a bid. You're still that amazing person and you can still be friends girls in chapters. If you still wanted to be greek after not getting a bid you could try COB (if its offered, you'll know after recruitment) or try rushing the following year once you've grown even more as a person. No matter what happens there is no bad outcome. You're awesome and the status of your affiliation doesn't change that. :)

By: Confidence

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#2by:    

Sometimes getting cut from certain chapters means you weren't fake, ditzy or superficial enough for them. Take it as a compliment.

By: Tbh
#3by:    

I'm just as nervous as you are, if not more! I really want to get involved with sorority life, and I'd love to do community service and meet everyone, but I'm worried I'm not the type of person the girls are looking for. D: Is it easy/common to not make it to Bid Day?

By: super worried freshman
by: no   

If you love community service and enthusiastic about it you're exactly what they're looking for. And no its not common to not make it to bid day.

By: no

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.