facebook

Chapter treated our volunteer event like a joke

by: lol

This happened a while back and I felt bad about posting about it at the time but now I’ve just graduated and don’t care lol. Posting this now because greek life already has such a bad reputation and as a sorority member I thought it was embarrassing for a group of adult women to act so immaturely at a volunteer event. I was working a volunteer event that a big group of SK girls showed up to without registering ahead of time, which created a bit of a headache for me and the other volunteer coordinators and required a lot of last-minute changes. Once the event started, many of the girls were complaining and were already asking if they could leave, even after all of us had scrambled to get them set up. On top of complaining about the tasks, many were goofing around and taking pictures while neglecting the actual volunteer work. It got to the point where other volunteers were complaining to us coordinators about their disruptive behavior, which was disappointing for sure. There were some girls who were actually being helpful, and for that I’m so appreciative. Not trying to bash SK specifically, but for any chapter, when you’re at a public event wearing your letters and acting like a child please be mindful that it reflects poorly on your entire chapter and Greek life as a whole.

Posted By: lol
Post Reply Report

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.