facebook

spring rush

by: 1st year

Looking to rush this fall after a boring year so far but don't know where I'd fit in. Can anyone give me a general ranking and a little description of each?

Posted By: 1st year
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: sororities?   

If you're talking about sororities, just go through formal rush in the fall. You'll meet all the chapters and see where you fit in after talking to them. The best way to know were you belong is to meet everyone. Take what you read here with a grain of salt and go through rush with an open mind. That is the secret to finding the friends you'll still have when you're 80.

By: sororities?
#2  by: fraternities   

EX/Pike: Top Houses without question. EX has victories in everything tangible like grades, philanthropy, sports, etc. They are not perfect and they lack. They're parties and social life are not as good as their counterpart, Pike. Pike lacks in formal competition but succeeds in the social aspect more than EX.

SAE: Moved into second. Good group of guys, but several weird guys as well.
TKE: Diverse, really have fallen this year. they looked to be catching the top tier guys last year but they have slowed down immensely
EN: Were a top tier frat until Treehugger. Controversial incident that could lead to them losing their charter. Sober all quarter.

^ In my opinion, those are the only ones anyone really cares about if you're thinking about rankings.

By: fraternities
by: aaaaaMar 6, 2014 4:22:57 AM

I want to say this is completely right but I think people are giving SAE a little too much credit. I would have easily said sig nu was third until tree hugger. Tke still has good guys too. So i dont think its justified to just say SAE is best among those three. Its all kind of a wash really after Pike and EX.

By: aaaaa
by: ....Mar 6, 2014 4:40:24 PM

EX is definitely top house. Pike never throws open parties and all of their houses are in trouble. EX consistently throws open parties (at least once a week, on top of exchanges) and has gotten so much better social wise. EX is by far top house.
Pike throws down but not very often. Their formals, etc. are better than EX's but EX is getting better at that. I went to both semi's and hang out with both houses a lot so just depends what kind of guys you want to hang out with I would say! Either way with both of those houses you'll have an amazing time!

Also dont forget SAE is moving up with sports, 2nd place for sports banner consistently

By: ....
by: SportsMar 6, 2014 9:08:58 PM

Are important, but really not that important. Tke did better in sports than pike, but that doesn't make them a better house.

By: Sports
#3  by: seriously   

Yea although I do agree with the top two, SAE just doesn't have the justification in my eyes to be put ahead of TKE. TKE holds the solid place behind pike and EX

By: seriously
by: Spring rushMar 6, 2014 4:59:16 PM

I hear SAE will graduate something like 25 guys this year most of their remaining founding class. Is this good or bad for them? I also hear TKE will be really strong after all their weird seniors graduate this year. Is any of this relevant?

By: Spring rush
#4  by: SAE   

It think it'll be good that a lot of guys are graduating because I think in most cases, older guys are the ones that dont really care as much since they're graduating anyway. I think it'll be good to give some newer people positions and let them take the fraternity in their own direction.

By: SAE
#5  by: SAE   

no longer has a pledge program. RIP.

by: SAEMar 11, 2014 8:47:57 AM

Didn't realize so many died during pledging. Anyone know why these guys lost their charter a few years back?

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.