facebook

greek awards

by: Greek Awards

Anything in rankings change because of them?

Posted By: Greek Awards
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Greek Awards   

are baseless, silly and pointless. They don't really matter for anything.

By: Greek Awards
by: onlyFeb 6, 2014 8:31:30 PM

only if you're in a frat

By: only
#2  by: yeah   

I definitely think it changed them a bit

By: yeah
by: How soFeb 6, 2014 2:57:13 PM

Genuinely curious!

By: How so
#3  by: greek member   

these awards are pretty pointless and dont really properly reflect the greek life at this school. all of the fraternities put on great philanthropies and all have great presidents and people who will rise to the top. also, in order to receive awards you must submit applications, some frats barely submitted any due to the lack of information regarding these awards. so yes congratulations to sigma chi on winning a plethora, but also dont forget about how these awards are won.

By: greek member
by: yeah Feb 6, 2014 5:18:32 PM

I know frats don't really care but I know the sororities do so I think this affects their rankings way more than the frats

by: mhmFeb 6, 2014 5:56:14 PM

I agree, the sororities put a lot more effort into it than the frats.

By: mhm
by: you are myopicFeb 7, 2014 9:44:29 AM

Really? Is that where you are going with this? My frat and I are so chill we can’t even fill out a simple application? Having just returned from a week of job interviews, I have a different perspective. A senior executive at one firm looked at my resume and noticed I was in a frat. He asked me about the leadership positions I held and the risks I’d taken. Truth is, my frat doesn’t do much. We are barely organized enough to throw parties and we winter rush because most of us don’t pay and we need the dues. I fumbled my way through the question and both he and I knew it. I know I didn’t get the job because in my group were kids from other top universities who had the right pedigree, grades, internships and leadership experience. So I’m not going to be that guy that puts people down for showing up and doing the work. Congrats to all the winners at greek awards. May not mean anything to the person who started this thread, but it may make a difference when you go get your first job.

By: you are myopic
#4  by: Sororities   

PiPhi/DG
It looked like PiPhi was running away with the top house spot, but greek awards kept DG on par with them.

ChiO
Last night solidified their #3 ranking.
Kappa
They seemed to be landsliding their way down the ranks but after picking up some awards last night it halted their downward trend and bumped them back above SK.
SK/DDD
SK dropped below kappa but they aren't actually falling by any means. DDD solidified their mid tier standing.
AXO
The award kept them from falling back to bot tier for now.

Theta/AEPhi
Tied AEPhi with theta. AEPhi seems to be staging a come back and I see them moving up to mid tier in the coming years. Same with theta as long as both keep getting more involved. These chapters are only bottom because when you rank, someone needs to be at the end. These aren't bad chapters by any means.

By: Sororities
by: okFeb 6, 2014 8:14:11 PM

makes sense

By: ok
by: YepFeb 6, 2014 11:33:30 PM

Definitely this

By: Yep
by: yeahFeb 6, 2014 11:47:15 PM

I have to agree

by: yupFeb 7, 2014 2:25:33 AM

yeeeeeeeessssss

By: yup
by: agreedFeb 7, 2014 3:17:43 AM

This is the best ranking post Greek awards

By: agreed
#5  by: yup   

yuuuuup.

By: yup
#6  by: yesssss   

DG proved that they get the classy ladies who can be super leaders, star girls.
I guess well done Pi Phi on scholarship, though there's all that debate about their advisor filling it in for them, which is suspicious.

Chi O did good, proving they have a lot to them! Congrats.

Well done TriDelt on chapter of the year; not gonna make you top house but proves that you work hard so congrats.

ALSO well done to NAK, killed the MCG awards #ballin

By: yesssss
by: yeah Feb 7, 2014 3:02:01 AM

I agree :)

#7  by: wtf   

how/why did EX win everything. I mean that was crazy. I mean I feel like that has to solidify them some sort of elite status over the other guys. Pike and TKE weren't even mentioned once!!

By: wtf
by: trollFeb 7, 2014 5:52:55 PM

^clearly a troll trying to make sigma chi look arrogant.

By: troll
by: hahaFeb 7, 2014 6:13:46 PM

sigma chi is super arrogant, the only ones that like them are themselves

By: haha

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.