facebook

current frat rankings

by: interested rushee

2nd year, checked out a lot of diff frats. Interested in rushing in the spring so just wanted to get some feedback. based upon my experience from open parties and rush events i went to...

top tier
Sigma Chi - most people would say this is top house. highest gpa, won sports, big on philanthropy, etc. definition of a stereotypical frat you could see at other schools
PIKE - rival top house. some say its better than sigma chi, dead even, or a bit below. def good when considering parties and girls. but these two are usually regarded as top tier and only two frats to have a rivalry

upper top/midtier

Sigma nu - usually regarded as the frat behind EX/PIKE. solid upper tier, but lacking in some regards when it comes to the two top tier frats.
TKE - some girls love em, some really don't. depends on who you ask; can throw big parties but personally think the chapter is way too big, quite a bit of weirdos in the bunch
SAE - consistently doing better, lots of people talk about how they're up and coming. a lot of people say they are swinging upwards, and imo this is the only frat worth listing after the mentioned four. personally think they beat out TKE. But from going to open parties and talking to bros, it seems like they don't hold as many exchanges (perhaps because they're too small compared to other frats?)

IMO, these are the only 5 frats worth checking out, unless you vibe really well with other frats

Midtier/lower
Rest of the frats

Would really like some feedback! Thanks!

Posted By: interested rushee
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Ill shed some light   

For the top two it depends on what you want. If you want a really well rounded experience where you party and make a difference then sigma chi is better by a good amount. If you are just joining this for the social life then Pike is definitely better, because parties and girls are all they care about. Just my two cents, consider what you are really joining greek life for

By: Ill shed some light
by: OK...noJan 30, 2014 1:42:45 PM

keep your "two cents" to your self because you are obviously retarded. To "interested rushes" just go check out both houses and decide for your self. The person above really has no idea what he/she is talking about

By: OK...no
#2  by: honest opinion   

agreed for the most part except i would rank

EX/PIKE

EN

TKE/SAE\n\n\n\n\nrest

By: honest opinion
#3  by: imo   

Sig Chi
Pike

TKE/SN\n\n\n\n\nSAE

By: imo
#4  by: rankings?   

Joining a fraternity really shouldn't be about the "rankings" as much as it is the people you get along with the most. I'd say try and check out as many as possible during rush week, especially pre-rush parties. But nonetheless,

Sig Chi
Pike

Sig Nu/TKE/SAE

And if the rankings matter that much, keep in mind that SAE is already at upper-middle tier after just being on campus for a couple years. And sports wise, Sig Chi, SAE, and TKE are the top 3 this year so far.

By: rankings?
#5  by: SAE > Pike   

I am just going to throw this out there but I believe within the next year or so SAE will replace Pike for second. In fact I actually think currently SAE is already better than Pike but many people will disagree. They throw pretty fun parties, their philanthropies are better than Pike's, they assimilate well in the the greek system because they're not dbags, they are more athletic than Pike, and lastly SAE is nationally a very well established fraternity with a lot of respect and prestige. Just my two cents.

By: SAE > Pike
by: i agreeFeb 3, 2014 5:53:50 PM

totally agree. Pike literally has nothing going for them outside of how hard they rage. they're philanthropy is pathetic. Yes, I know pike lovers they had one last quarter but it sucked. Lightyears away from making the jump from a rowdy frat to a respected fraternity. SAE has potential to pass them for sure.

By: i agree
#6  by: ha   

like seriously what else does pike have going for them other than that their parties are fun

By: ha
#7  by: enough    

this thread is just dumb. I feel like these these arguments are created to make pike and sigma chi feel better about themselves. Truth is, no one is as good as they think they are.

By: enough

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.