facebook

I hate my chapter

by:    

I want to get this off my chest: I’m a new member and I’m not happy with the sorority I chose... I’m not going to name them bc they are nice girls... but like I feel like I didn’t get a proper welcome. And I feel like I’m just here to pay dues and like their Instagram post. They’re so Instagram obsessed! the only time they reach out is when I post a story and they dm me. I don’t even use Instagram that much and feel like I have too bc that’s the only way I can connect with them. I get ghosted every time to reach out to someone in the chapter and no one reaches out to me. It got to the point where I don’t want to reach out anymore and kinda want to drop but I just went through initiation :(((...idk man. I’m not even close enough to anyone in the chapter to talk about this with. Literally no one. Not even the new members. Not even my big. It sucks. CHAPTERS: please reach out to your new members!!!

Posted By: Sadness
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

I'm so sorry you feel this way. Every new member deserves to feel welcomed.

By: a phc girl

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#2by:    

Why am I getting tridelta vibes

By: H
by: No   

They’re not ig obsessed

By: No
#3by:    

I get why you wouldn’t wanna say what the chapter is, but if you’re comfortable with it you should give a little hint if you can (that only the chapter would get) so they know it’s @ them!! As an active who’s been in Greek life for over 2 years, I can say this quarter is very very weird and different and miscommunication can be a huge issue when we’re entirely online :( It actually makes me so sad that you feel this way because no new member ever should and I’m sure the people in your chapter would love to get to know you better but they probably just don’t know that they’re making new members feel like this :/ obviously idk the whole story based off this one post but just a suggestion!!

By: Hi
by: Sadness   

I guess a hint is that their follower count on Instagram is on the higher side... that should’ve been a sign that they basically live on it. Nothing against being active on social media, I think it’s very important for the chapters image and involvement, but if that’s the main medium of connection with new members it’s kinda surface level and fake... if I go two weeks without going on Instagram I hear nothing from anyone In the chapter. But if I go on it and post that’s when I’ll get dms to hang out. DMs... not even a text.. and they have my number. maybe I’m thinking about this too much and it’s like this for all chapters during quarantine. Maybe sorority life has always been like this and I just never knew bc I’m new. But I kinda don’t think only talking to my sisters over Instagram is going to make me feel like a “sister for life”. it makes me feel like a sister only if I’m active in social media and that shouldn’t be the case... I can only imagine what it’s like to be in this chapter and not have social media. I wonder if others feel left out too. I love the girls but the chapters social media culture just makes it so hard to connect. I feel like they’ll forget I’m in the chapter if I’m not on social media... and I’m new. Isn’t that when people are suppose to want to get to know you? Like, I feel weird texting someone in the chapter instead of DMing them. That’s sad.

By: Sadness
by: ^^   

^^ Wait what??? That’s actually ridiculous.. I was under the impression that all VP nme’s were supposed to stay updated with new members and help them get comfortable in their chapters (especially with everything going on right now), but I guess it varies depending on each chapter? Regardless though, I’m v sorry that it ended up being like that :( hopefully someone from the chapter saw this and knew it was @ them and work to be more welcoming

By: ^^
#4by:    

How white is this chapter? I know there are two that are super white and others aren't

By: Response
#5by:    

SK...

By: .
by: Haha   

I thought the exact same thing! Their chapter definitely works the hardest on insta

By: Haha
by: Lol    

Could be aphi tbh

By: Lol

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.