facebook

so you're thinking about rushing a frat?

by: Just Graduated

Rushing a fraternity is a great experience. If you're on the fence, do it. Unlike girl recruitment, you don't get forced to meet every chapter because there simply isn't enough time. Events coincide, etcetera. Don't trust the "rankings" by % points, those are inaccurate. Here is a preview about every fraternity so you can better decide who to rush:

Top Tier - Not becuase the men are better, just because this is how they are considered.

1. Sigma Chi - After last year probably the undisputed "top house" on this campus. They are known to be somewhat arrogant, but nevertheless they are the best FRATERNITY on this campus. They claim they throw the best parties. This isn't necessarily true. They did throw Eurobash and it was very successful, hosting I think around 2000 people. It was the BIGGEST and BEST party of the year but they don't do this all the time. They have the 2nd best parties on this campus on a regular basis after PIKE. EX is the athletic fraternity. They have won the fraternity sports title for the past three years in a row. They have the top GPA of any fraternity. Also if you care about philanthropy they did raise $25,000 or something ridiculous, easily outnumbering every other fraternities combined philanthropic efforts for the year.

(continued in comments)

Posted By: Just Graduated
Post Reply Report
Page 2 of 3
#11  by: well   

this certainly has given me a lot to think about. How accurate is this really, everyone?

By: well
by: AccurateSep 21, 2013 4:18:22 PM

But I would guess its made by an sae because they always talk about how they are better than sigma nu and tke. Could be a sig chi though. Nevertheless it's as accurate as its going to get for this site

By: Accurate
#12  by: its accurate enough   

a bit slanted towards the top frats and it does exclude some facts about each one as well. You can tell it was a made by a sigma chi too so its bias.

By: its accurate enough
#13  by: Just because    

this states sig chi as the top, doesnt necessarily mean it was written by one. It is just known that Sig Chi and Pike fight for the #1/#2 spot and Tke and Sigma Nu compete for the #3/#4. Different people will say pike is better than sig chi and vice versa; and same with sig nu and tke. In my opinion though Pike has just been really unimpressive these last 2 years. Didnt do nearly as well in sports last year as Sig chi or tke.

By: Just because
#14  by: hmm   

i feel like its pretty unbiased. it gave all the frats credit where it's deserved. EX did dominate this year. PIKE is great. And SAE is actually getting better by the second. It's very very accurate, if you're a rushee i'd definitely consider this post in deciding who to rush. just make sure you check all of them out first before making final judgment

By: hmm
#15  by: haha   

this is clearly made by a sigma nu. tke passed them this year

By: haha
by: ok tkeSep 22, 2013 5:57:20 PM

tke is better than sig nu in your dreams. tke is not even a top house to begin with, letsbehone

By: ok tke
by: i meanSep 22, 2013 8:08:18 PM

i think they dominate but i don't like them very much...

By: i mean
#16  by: alk;dfs   

all i see is that EX is pretty much dominant everywhere. the only negative about them is that they're arrogant? are they weak anywhere else?

By: alk;dfs
by: ^Sep 23, 2013 1:05:29 PM

I was really surprised by how they absolutely dominated last night's pregame. As much as I hate to admit it, since they win at everything else in greek life, when these guys want to throw a good party, no one else can compete with them. that's the truth and last night proved it as all the top frats had pregames, but all the girls and new guys were at the EX house

By: ^
by: lolSep 23, 2013 1:21:07 PM

ok machi, self-promoting much? Lol
you guys are not good at acting like you are not self promoting, just letting you know.

By: lol
#17  by: pregames   

Sigma Chi had the best pregame by far for the all campus dance last night.. they really don't throw the best parties all year? they had at least 80% of the total pregame population in their house, you couldn't even walk through it. plus it was packed outside. the guys were really chill and one guy gave me his fifth. i didn't get a douchey vibe from them at all

By: pregames
#18  by: definitely   

rushing EX after the pregame last night. I'm seriously a freshman who had a blast. my only worry was them not raging as hard as Pike and TKE but they pulled it off for sure.

By: definitely
by: otherSep 23, 2013 7:12:18 PM

I wasn't sure what to expect as well, but last night was really sick! all of the girls told me to make sure I rushed sigma chi and now i know why.

By: other
#19  by: Wow    

There's so much self plugging here it's embarrassing.

By: Wow
#20  by: lmao   

most entertaining rankings I've seen, gave me a good laugh

By: lmao

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.