facebook

having not gotten a bid

by:    

I rushed a couple of frats this quarter, and did not get an invite to the pref/invite nights, forget the bid. For someone who has been super social throughout high school, goes out to parties, plays sports, academically strong, why did that happen? I am a second year and I want to join a frat as soon as possible so that I could enjoy UCSD. As of now, I do nothing apart from study for my classes and work a bit for my engineering society, 0 social aspect to my life at UCSD at least, and this is making me think of a transfer.

Any thoughts on this? How is winter rush compared to other quarters?

Also, I do find it stupid to transfer just because I have not had a social life in UCSD till now. So, is there anything I should keep in mind before rushing in winter? Anything that will work towards me getting that bid? I know you have to meet as many people as possible, and that did happen when I rushed. At a point, it became difficult to find people in the chapter who I had not spoken to, and ended up getting to know the other guys a little better, which is good as well.

I have been pretty low since rush week, and it kinda messed up my quarter as well, however I am willing to give it another go. It would be great if you could help me on this :)

Posted By: ucsdfrat
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Less than half the fraternities rush in the winter. Fall and Spring are the big ones. Also, when you rush you want to find the chapter you enjoyed talking to. Same goes for the chapter, you could be a great guy but the chapter might just feel like they didn't click well with you.

By: V

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#2by:    

I first went around library walk speaking to the guys at their booths. This, along with IFC info night made me decide which frats to rush.

By: ucsdfrat
#3by:    

You probably didnt set a great first impression to whoever you talked to. You either came off as conceited/weird/fake and as far as i can tell from your post, you sound entitled to a bid just because of past achievements in HS.

By: lets get real
by: ucsdfrat   

No, that was not my assumption, should have framed it in a different way. Also, I was not fake either. The only thing I did not want to let off was a feeling that I was rushing only to party, which is not true anyways. I just want to be more involved at UCSD.

By: ucsdfrat
#4by:    

Try focusing on one or two frats! If you go to most of one frats events, you'll have a better chance of being noticed by them. Usually not that many participate in winter rush anyway.

By: heydude
#5by:    

IFC makes it so that only the fraternities that are below the average chapter size are able to do winter rush. This means that they are looking for members to help them grow. Perfect for your situation. On the flip side you may not find a great fit due to the limited options you have, but if you just want to join a social circle then I guess that's cool with you.

By: Good luck

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.