facebook

Something to think about

by: Teach

I graduated last year and now teach a high school social media class. Bama rush has caught the attention of many of my students, so our class did a little experiment. I used Okstate sororities, since I was in one less than a short year ago. I gave my students a list of sororities and asked them to rank the sororities in how they felt they were seen in popularity on campus based on their presence on TikTok and Insta. Here are the results:

Pi Phi
Alpha Delta Pi
Theta
Kappa
Alpha Chi
Gamma Phi
KD
Phi Mu
AOPi
Chi O
Zeta
Tri Delt
Axi

They were shocked when I told them the rankings listed here and explained they were an accurate representation of how things were viewed historically. Some thoughts they reported: just because history says it's a certain way doesn't make it true, it's hard to rank groups of women, if you're going to rank groups of women you need measurable data and to specify how the rank is determined

My fav - you shouldn't pay attention to these types a sites and form your own opinion based on how happy you are when you're around the different groups. \n\n\n\n\n

Posted By: Teach
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: really?    

you do realize that by posting this here you’re just perpetuating the thought that the sororities who are posting a lot and posting only the prettiest girls in their house should be considered the best?

this is so cringe

By: really?
by: Not cringeSep 14, 2024 11:54:39 AM

Actually I've noticed what they are talking about. It's not about even the amount of posts. It's the questionable posts by some women that are supposedly in top houses. The so-called rankings no longer match the vibe that the members are giving off. I mean what other factors are others ranking these women on? Until rankings go off of important concrete things, opinion is what we're left with.I don't think it's cringe, just the facts.

By: Not cringe
#2  by: wtf   

I'm sorry but if I was in high school and my teacher made us do a lesson over OSU sororities and had us rank them based on social media presence I would have been embarassed and sad for whoever is out of greek life and thinks it holds any weight... This gave me nothing to think about besides how weird it is that you made them do this.

By: wtf
by: It wasn't algebra Sep 29, 2024 9:03:54 PM

It would be strange if it was for a regular class, but it was for a social media class. I had a class about social media and we compared stores. It teaches how social media influences the public and the impacts of how you act on social media. I love that every time someone suggest that the top houses aren't as top as they think they are they get all mad about it but are okay when another house is being put down. I like the point that it made that if we're going to rank houses then we need to be doing it based on something we can all measure because everyone sees it different. If it wasn't for this site reminding people that certain houses are seen as top, would anybody truly know who was "top". And as far as posts they are right. There are some very cringy posts by members of what are considered top houses. I didn't even know about this site during rush and I chose some of the lower houses over some of the top houses. I'm so glad I wasn't influenced because I love were I'm at and they are the top as far as I'm concerned!

By: It wasn't algebra
#3  by: Hmmm   

So bazaar that Phi Mu and Zeta weren’t at the top given their large social media presence on Bama Rush Tok.

By: Hmmm
by: Read the comment Sep 29, 2024 8:20:02 PM

They said Okstate rush

By: Read the comment

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.